trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah... it is all simple stuff to fix or have someone fix... brakes need redone, e brake needs redone and i need to replace the horn ... again.... oh but we went to wharton tonight... good times i got stuck pretty good... water was like two inches up the door... my buddy got stuck pretty good... water was over the bumpers... we found some nice little mud and water holes to play in fairly close to Carranza road... nothing to outrageous... my power steering went out and came back on a few times.... its working now.... oh and the tranny fluid smells burnt... it never smelled like that before... maybe it needs a flush.... i dunno... any suggestions...?

swampthing

Reaction score
if it smells burnt you might be in for a disappointment but try flushing it...and when you go out with us the 19th i will show you some fun stuff

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah i kind of figured that i would have to get it rebuilt... i think i might just take it somewhere to see if they can get it working right by flushing it.. if not just rebuilding it with a better and stronger shift kit... like a b&m competition kit or something... im super excited about the 19th.....and i am pretty stoked to meet you on sunday as well... i will upload a video clip of some of the stuff we did... and i will put up some pics of the aftermath of the mud...

swampthing

Reaction score
yeah a shift kit might help it a little but you wont notice much of a difference in the mud it doesnt help that way...and you're coming down sunday? or was it saturday

TotalChaos

Reaction score
it was supposed to be sunday.... just need directions... unless you want to meet somewhere before hand....

swampthing

Reaction score
hey fellas sorry to do this but this weekend was cancelled some trucks are down so we planned on going to atco raceway for MASGA super gas competitions...you 2 are invited to that if you want just figured i would invite ya

muddridder

Reaction score
i want to take my bronco out and i cant get any info on where to go in jersey anyone know a good easy trail i could test my truck out on?
What up Bro?? My Name is Anthony.I live out in Tuckerton N.J. ,there are so many places to tear up some terain out here.Nice wide trails for miles.I was out this past weekend.Didn't even get a scrub oak finish,trails nice and wide.Get a hold of me we can take a woods trip.I have lots of friends with trucks we go every weekend....Ant

swampthing

Reaction score
just for a slight idea of the fun we have when we go wheelin

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalChaos

Reaction score
Hey,

its been a while since i have been posting... had tons of work and went on a nice long vacation (w/o) my computer... where did i leave off... oh yeah.... eric, my tranny had taken a ***** so i drained the fluid since it smelled like it was on fire, and filled it with new fluid. it started working again, but now the new fluid smells like its burning again... i think its time for a rebuild... and i watched that video you posted... that truck that got stuck at the end, i think i went flying through that puddle the other day... it made my truck stutter for a bit and my P/S decided it wasnt going to work for about 15 minutes after that...

i think that i am going to try to go out tonight or tomorrow to see what the trails look like since it has been raining so much recently... im sure i will get stuck... again... but its ok.. its all in good fun...

ill let you know how i make out if, or when i go....

TotalChaos

Reaction score
oh... almost forgot... right before the pickup gets stuck at the end of the video clip there is a bronco that has a snorkel on it... where can i find a snorkel like that for my truck? i think i need one after the other day....

swampthing

Reaction score
home made...buy the supplies come to my shop one day and we can hook it up as long as you dont mind a hole in the fender. and if that is the trail you went down trust me when i say BE CAREFUL AT THE LONG HOLES they are very deep dug out by a chevy on 44's very bad holes haha....and trust me that place is going to be under water thats an area called "water trail" leads out to 1/4 mile...be careful going out there cause if you dont know where you are going you will sink your truck very deep and it will be hard to get it out

aqua_wonder

Reaction score
I wouldn't go out to 1/4 mile without a winch nowadays. Whole area can change overnight. Sometimes another truck isn't enough to get out.

swampthing

Reaction score
ive been going to 1/4 mile for 4 years now no winch but i also go with at least 3 other trucks that i know can get me out...but yes it can change overnight especially if you dont know the area...one area can be a foot deep and 2 foot over it can be 4 feet deep

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah... i need to get a winch... for now i just use my hi-lift and chains.... which i am sure isn't enough to get me out of some of those holes.... and the guy i go out with has a truck that is nearly identical to mine.... and i think that i have seen that chevy before... big blue chevy pickup... older looking?

swampthing

Reaction score
yeah if you look on my myspace you will see pictures of it if you saw him you saw the rest of us

TotalChaos

Reaction score
so you are part of the "**** or High Water 4X4 Club"? Thats cool... i need to get mine reliable and see if i cant find a club to join.... i think it would make my little week night excursions a bit more fun...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK