trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
i had found out a trick with the EFI that i totally forgot about it will work but you need to cut a hole on your driverside fender....simply unbolt the air box flip the bottom half around so the hole for the air tube is facing your fender..cut it out and run the RVC seal everything and you will be good to go....whenever we meet up i can show you to make it easier unless you fully understand....or you could run a half snorkel from the bottom of the box which is what i did with my f250....long piece of flexible 3 inch hose ran it to the heater box and never sucked in water
This sounds like a great idea!

I think I'll take it apart tomorrow morning and see what it looks like.

How should one finish off the top?

swampthing

Reaction score
when we built my brothers snorkel we used a cheapy APC or whatever import cold air filter cost like 20-30 bucks

when it rained we just put a bag over it and didnt drive it...or you can take a piece of thinner sheet metal and roll it to cover and figure out a way to secure it to your roof

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i want to take my bronco out and i cant get any info on where to go in jersey anyone know a good easy trail i could test my truck out on?

so i think that i might go to wharton to see what you were talking about Eric.... my girl gets done with work at 5... ill prolly head out there then...

anyone that wants to join is welcome.... ill post if we are deff going or not

TotalChaos

Reaction score
so i think that i might go to wharton to see what you were talking about Eric.... my girl gets done with work at 5... ill prolly head out there then...
anyone that wants to join is welcome.... ill post if we are deff going or not

so i went out last night... i looked at what you were talking about... seems like fun, but i want to try it once during the day..... so instead we went to a place just off of Caranza Rd... right past the preparatory academy.... My buddy got so stuck it was ridiculous... had water filling the truck and everything... it was actually kind of funny.... it took me all night, two expensive straps, $40 in gas, 3 State Troopers, a bunch of dead cell phones, and two chains from the Blackwood Fire Department to get him out... lol... oh and after it was all said and done with he busted out the passenger side window (anyone know where i can find one for an 87 K-5 Blazer?)... but i did it.... note to anyone reading, STRAPS ARE WORTHLESS!!!! BRING CHAINS!!!!.... so my truck is a bit dirty and i'm exhausted but it was a fun night....

Last edited by a moderator:

swampthing

Reaction score
straps are good if you have the right kind...i have 60-80thousand pound test straps military surplus about an inch thick and dont try anything that looks bad by yourself day or night it can turn into a big mistake

TotalChaos

Reaction score
straps are good if you have the right kind...i have 60-80thousand pound test straps military surplus about an inch thick and dont try anything that looks bad by yourself day or night it can turn into a big mistake
yeah i need to find me some of those... the big one that broke is about 1/4" thick, and like 4" wide... rated at 30,000PSI Break strength.... obviously NOT strong enough.... lol

aqua_wonder

Reaction score
A winch would have come in handy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalChaos

Reaction score
ARe you guys going wheeling this weekend? June 7 or 8 ?
dunno yet.... my girl wants to go, but we haven't decided yet... i think eric is going out on a day trip with one of his friends, but it isnt like a ******** mud trip... just going out to see some of the sights... i wouldnt mind going out and exploring and playing in a bit of mud and water....

swampthing

Reaction score
yes i am going...gary i will call you either tonight or in the morning to let you know whats going on

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yes i am going...gary i will call you either tonight or in the morning to let you know whats going on
ok... awesome... me and mallory are looking forward to it... we are bringing our friend britt too... i have to remember to pack a lunch or i will starve out there lol... i guess we are going to take the bronco out... so you will be able to smell the tranny fluid... and i think we are taking the top off cause its supposed to be 90 some odd degrees or something tomorrow....

swampthing

Reaction score
yes 97...me and my friend plan on swimming in a creek somewhere lol...but yeah pack a lunch pack dinner if you want and if you want bring some firewood gonna be out there for a while gonna be doing some hiking most likely as well

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yes 97...me and my friend plan on swimming in a creek somewhere lol...but yeah pack a lunch pack dinner if you want and if you want bring some firewood gonna be out there for a while gonna be doing some hiking most likely as well
hey... we had an awesome time yesterday... thanks again so much for showing us around out there... Mallz and Britt had an awesome time too... we deff will have to do it again soon... maybe find some mud holes to play in a bit too...

swampthing

Reaction score
the best was that stuck jeep...something wrong in dudes head...but yeah not a problem man told ya i know a lot of that place been going out there for many many years and yeah next time we go out i will show ya to some mud unless i take my bronco then we can play follow the leader lol

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Oh sure.. no I'm kicking myself in the butt for not hooking up with you guys yesterday.

I did fix my passenger side electric door lock, but it didn't seem to be as hot as they had predicted, and it sounds like it would have been worth the ride. Please keep me in th eloop the next time you guys plan on getting together.

Feeling badly,

OH.. and BTW IF either of you get near that place that carries the military surplus tow straps could you pick one up for me?

Unless they are willing to ship, I don't think I will ever get one from them, just too far away.

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

joe

swampthing

Reaction score
i will see ifi can go over one day on lunch break and will definitely let you know when going out again...possibly this weekend or next

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
i will see ifi can go over one day on lunch break and will definitely let you know when going out again...possibly this weekend or next
Excellent!!!

Do they have shacles cheap too?

THis weekend is father's day. I'll check with my dad and see if he want's to play. If not, the following weekend may work out well.

Let's stay in touch.

joe

swampthing

Reaction score
i will keep you both updated im not too sure about this weekend coming up because my truck wont be ready yet and im not sure what my friend will want to do. she definitely wants to go back out but when we go be sure you have gas cause i will take you all around and show you the same things i showed gary

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj