trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swampthing

Reaction score
weeknights are bad for me for wharton cause i work during the day and usually work on my truck at night and we can all meet up at the atsion ranger station on 206..easiest place in my opinion yeah its cool to bring your buddy bring whoever ya want..one of the guys in my club has a chevy stepside on 42s who wheels with us everytime doesnt matter what it is we wheel lol...and broncojoe we usually go out with anywhere from 3-7 trucks just from my club but the more the merrier long as they are cool people...just so yall know there will be mud and some deep water but there are ways around everything and we have plenty of straps...gonna be an all day thing start in the morning stop for lunch BBQ or something and have a fire at night

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah i try to work on mine when i have to.... i figured we would meet at the ranger station at atsion.... it is easy that way.... so lunch wise i should deff pack food and water ect.... im glad there are go around ares for the deeper stuff... last thing i need to do is hydro lock my truck up.... oh i have a random question.... how do you water proof your truck... like axels tranny tcase and wiring...? im trying to figure it out but i dont know what all i have to do.... maybe i could hook up with you if your available to help me out and we could either knock it out or you could show me what i need to do..... it would be really appreciated....

swampthing

Reaction score
as far as rears go..i change my fluid often i really dont put too much concern into the rears cause its mainly a wheeler but im sure all you need is some rubber line..fuel line or whatever just run from the rear up to the inside...tranny i run the vent up the firewall and secure it...transfercase i run the vent to the inside of the truck and tie it up high...and for wiring..well i basically have no wiring but there is a trick you can do with your computer (i believe it should be right on the kickpanel?) you can seal it in a tupperware container run a plastic tube up high and put a small computer fan at the end to push air into the container and simply run another line up out of it to release the air...and yeah if you wanna meet up sometime and go to my shop (its right off 295) we can hang out one night take a look at it what not....and yes if you wanna eat pack some food drinks whatever (just no alcohol state forest is strict about it) if you wanna bring a small charcoal or propane BBQ'r and some chicken you can do that as well...but yeah i wont put you in anything thats going to hurt your truck i know bronco limits

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah i pretty much need to water proof as much as i can.... and i'm not sure where all the vent tubes are.... i'm kind of stupid when it comes to the bronco..... i would like to meet up sometime... where abouts off 295? Your shop do trannys... cause i could use a rebuild i think... i'm not sure what is wrong.... but it doesn't always work.... i would pay just about anything to make it work properly...... i think i am going to look into that tuperware idea you talked about... seems like a good idea..... let me know when you would like to meet up... i am pretty much available all hours of the day or night.....

swampthing

Reaction score
im available just about anytime at night after 5 im usually at my shop working on my truck and its not a mechanic shop its a big warehouse and me and 2 other people rent a big area but i know people that do trannys at a good price...but yeah anytime pretty much after 5 is good for me and just about anytime on weekends is good for me...ill be around all this weekend

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
as far as rears go..i change my fluid often i really dont put too much concern into the rears cause its mainly a wheeler but im sure all you need is some rubber line..fuel line or whatever just run from the rear up to the inside...tranny i run the vent up the firewall and secure it...transfercase i run the vent to the inside of the truck and tie it up high...<snip>
I am really glad that this came up.

Could you possibly take pictures of what you did?

Aren't these vent holes without tubes coming out of them?

I also do not know where they are, so some direction regarding their locations would be helpful.

Would I have to get nylon tube/hose connectors to shove in there so that the tubes would have something to connect to?

Thanks for the help, and the invitation!

joe

TotalChaos

Reaction score
oh ... ok... i figured you were a mechanic... i would like to meet this weekend if your up for it.... i just washed the truck so it shouldnt be too bad to look at... i am going to my house in toms river on friday but ti think i will be back in the cherry hill area on sat night or sunday morning... but i will let you know if you want to meet....

swampthing

Reaction score
i havent ran the vents on my new 78 yet so either when i do or when we hang out i can show you what i normally do

swampthing

Reaction score
i do mechanic work as i have stated in another post been doing it all my life but i chose a different profession to bring in the steady money...and yeah this weekend will work fine for me...mine will hopefully be in primer with fenders back on so it will be easy to look at haha

TotalChaos

Reaction score
well if you want to make some extra cash and you have free time i would gladly pay to get some stuff fixed or done that i cant do on my own....... :-" but i am deff all about figuring things out too... if i can tap into your knowledge to learn how to fix things myself... that would be awesome.... my name is gary btw.... dont know if i told anyone my name yet....

swampthing

Reaction score
my names eric...and i will help you out with it show you how to fix things its not hard...basically takes common sense and some tools....we can figure it all out this weekend when we meet up

TotalChaos

Reaction score
hey eric... .do you want to meet sometime on saturday.... i have a dinner that i have to go to at 6.... so any time before then.... if you want to meet around 12 or 1... that will give time to spare... its up to you.....

TotalChaos

Reaction score
so my truck failed inspection today... for the horn... cause i went through a puddle... and for the e brake not holding and the regular brakes dont work to well either apperently...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK