trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalChaos

Reaction score
thats awesome... i need to find a club like yours and do what it takes to get in and make friends so i have ppl to go wheeling with...

swampthing

Reaction score
you're welcome to wheel with us..and as long as you dont drink and drive or do drugs while back there or act like an a$$hole destroying stuff back there then you can join my club

TotalChaos

Reaction score
well i don't drink and drive and i deff dont do drugs... and i try my hardest to not act like an ass..... i dont think i have ever destroyed anything before.... i rubbed a tree once squeezing through a hole, but i didnt do any damage... to the tree...

swampthing

Reaction score
by acting like a$$hole i meant throwing trash all over or causing problems...trust me i rub trees and push them over all the time itsa part of wheelin and we all cut up its the fun of it

TotalChaos

Reaction score
oh ok.. no i don't act like an ass hole then... i carry out what ever i carry in... and the only problems i cause are getting stuck sometimes... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalChaos

Reaction score
oh i know... it is a bit aggravating though... i wish i had a bigger truck... well at least a truck with a bit of lift and bigger tires... then maybe i wouldnt get stuck in the smaller holes too....

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah ... but bigger is better!!!! lol... i think that i would like to be able to smash through the smaller water and mud holes and have issues with the bigger ones.....

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading your conversation back and forth, and want to jump in for a moment so that I stay in the loop.

Last weekend I went to PA and did a little mudding. One hole scarred the crap out of me cause I was thinking if I go another couple of inches deeper, and I'll be sucking water in where only air is supposed to go.

I am suddenly interested in a snorkel.

I know that you TotalChaos posted a thread about it, and Swampthing that you offer to help him install one. So far the only ones I have seen are for carbureted engines. I am wondering... how tight is the air box in the efi trucks? Could I just extend the intake hose that is already in the truck?

swampthing

Reaction score
i had found out a trick with the EFI that i totally forgot about it will work but you need to cut a hole on your driverside fender....simply unbolt the air box flip the bottom half around so the hole for the air tube is facing your fender..cut it out and run the RVC seal everything and you will be good to go....whenever we meet up i can show you to make it easier unless you fully understand....or you could run a half snorkel from the bottom of the box which is what i did with my f250....long piece of flexible 3 inch hose ran it to the heater box and never sucked in water

swampthing

Reaction score
and yeah i know how ya feel chaos i used to want to be able to hit all the deep ones and not have problems...they do give you a nice fun challenge im just a fan of the mud and slop and getting myself and my truck covered

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah... i think i understand what you are talking about with spinning the bottom half of the box... i think thats what imma end up doing..., but first i need to get a new air box.... mine is cracked and two of the tabs are busted.... would i have to get an extended breather hose to replace the one that goes to the valve cover....? is sealing that stuff all up going to be ok?

swampthing

Reaction score
you can extend it or figure out a way to seal the original hole off and make your own set up that wont let water in and yeah ive never seen or heard of anyone having problems like that

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
you can extend it or figure out a way to seal the original hole off and make your own set up that wont let water in and yeah ive never seen or heard of anyone having problems like that
Do you still have your 250? and if so, can you post a couple of pictures?

ANd perhaps an explaintion of how you hooked it up to your heater box.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

swampthing

Reaction score
sorry i dont have it anymore and i didnt hook it to the heaterbox i ran it back to it and left it about 2-3 inches away from it so it could still get plenty of air but kept it away from any steady flow of water

TotalChaos

Reaction score
oh ok.. i think i will seal the hose so it wont leak.... take the measurements so i can buy what i need to build it... i think i will but it together and then do like a step-by-step picture manual so others can do it too....

swampthing

Reaction score
if you would like help doing it and would be willing to drive up to my shop we could do it there...just a suggestion

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah that sounds like a good idea... first i got to get the money for the parts i need and for a new air box since mine is pretty much destroyed..... oh and what do yous do when it rains with a snorkel.... is there like a cover or something i can make to protect the upper exterior filter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj