Spark Plugs...what to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

I'm fixing to buy some sparklers for the 302 and I wanted to know your opinions on all the different plugs out there. Are the E3's any good? Are they better than Bosch +4s? Are either of these the way to go? Let me know. Thanks.

Snowman :)>-

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
A true mystery...

My thinking is....if you shoot 15,000 volts down a wire, it doesn't matter if you have 20 electrodes.....you're only going to get "15,000" volt spark..!

Having said that..I run NGK & they seem to last forever.

bigtrux

Reaction score
MY UNCLE TESTED ALLTH IS AND THE SPARK ONLY GOES TO ONE ELECTRODE ANYWAY . GET A SET OF DECENT PLUGS BUT DON'T SPEND AND ARM AND A LEG FOR 4 ELECTRODES I USUALLY WILL JUST RUN THE PLAIN BOSCH PLATNIUM'S ....

grande_guerre

grande mondiale
Reaction score
i concur, the 4 tipped ones will only use the one path that is closest to the electrode. once that wears down, it picks the other closest one, so on and so on till the plug dies. theoretically, they last 4 times as long. 4 tips, 4 times the life. i just run single bosch platinums too.

404PageNotFound

Reaction score
i concur, the 4 tipped ones will only use the one path that is closest to the electrode. once that wears down, it picks the other closest one, so on and so on till the plug dies. theoretically, they last 4 times as long. 4 tips, 4 times the life. i just run single bosch platinums too.
whatever is OE really: copper, single platinum, double platinum, iridium. An upgrade may last longer or perform a little bit better, but usually not worth the momey.

usually an autolite resistor plugs will work best. motorcraft is the best, but not alot of aftermarket stores carry motorcraft anymore..

i picked up a set of bosch resistor plugs for $.68 a piece and they work great.

harleydeen98258

Reaction score
All I have ever bought for any of my ford trucks is the plain jane Autolites. I have never had problems with them or any of their products, wires, caps, and rotors...

An Autolite fan...

BroncoXLT85

Reaction score
When I was in college (university of Northwestern Ohio, tech school) we found out some valuable info. We had a car with a miss, changed to brand new bosch plugs and it actually caused a complete miss(dead cylinder) when we hooked it up to the scope. This happened more than once. I have used Bosch plugs and never had a problem but after seeing it first hand, I won't take the chance anymore. I stick with NGK because in my opion, they are the best plugs out there. But, I also have a 393 stroker. If it was a stocker, I would use motorcraft if possible because that was the OE style plug. Auto lites work great too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane