Replacement '83 Axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ledzilla

Reaction score
I had my Bronco in for some brake work. I usually do that stuff myself, but it was extensive and I have had severely limited time to get things done. In a way, it was nice before they found that one of the axle seals started to leak while they were doing a test drive on the brakes.

So, I wanted to order replacements for both axles, just do them both at the same time and get it over with. However, I found that there are two different axle types for the 8.8" rear end for the model year, and you have to check the tag to know which is which. Seeing as there's a 2" difference in length between them, doesn't seem like something I can just buy either way and have it work out fine. The problem I'm having is reading the tag, since it's not in very good shape.

Can someone take a look at the attached photo and see if they can help me make sense of what the tag says?

Attachments

• 20231115_134409.jpg
    20231115_134409.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
ledzilla

ledzilla

Reaction score
Never mind on this. Turns out that I was reading some information wrong and got confused by it. I was at least able to read part of the tag and it matched up with the info on the door tag: 3.55:1 8.8" rear end with limited slip.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane