Where Can I Find This Thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4ever

Reaction score
It should be based on the f350 platform and have a 6.0 crammed down it's throat. That way there's tonnes of upgrades for the engine and once it hits the road!!!!! Oh yeah and the small diesel engine's a good idea for saving money at the pumps.

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
IF, God forbid, it does go into production, you'll never get it as it's shown.  There won't be a 4cyl diesel for it, there certainly won't be any NOS for it, and I can only HOPE the FWD is a sick and twisted joke
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the Bronco will never be what it once was, let it die

1153[/snapback]

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? THE BRONCO SHOULD HAVE NEVER DIED! THE FACT THAT IS BEING REBORN SHOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY! WHAT KIND OF FAN ARE YOU?! IF YOUR KID WAS STUCK IN A DITCH WITH A BROKEN LEG, WOULD YOU JUST SAY, "let it die."?

bigbronc2632

Reaction score
i think it looks to modern and you cant call it a bronco if it dont look any thing like one it looks like a lifted up scion or a wana be h2 i think if they wana bring back the bronco they should use the look of the older body

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
i think it looks to modern and you cant call it a bronco if it dont look any thing like one it looks like a lifted up scion or a wana be h2 i think if they wana bring back the bronco they should use the look of the older body
29503[/snapback]

you got a point. i'd say base it on an f-150 or a shortnend excursion. imagine the new bronco with the f-150 looks. that would be awesome!

BRONCFOOT

Reaction score
$40 grand??? Holy crap! I'd swear I read it was supposed to be priced more in the entry-level SUV price range, around that of the Escape. Hmm. You know, at first I was set off by the fact the vehicle had a diesel producing only 120 or so HP, then I remembered that the V-8 GM motor in the good ol' Army HMMWV (a.k.a. Hummer) only produces 150 HP. Of course, the Hummer is a dog when it comes to get up and go, but it produces ample torque; So I am guessing the four-banger in the concept Bronco probably produces acceptable torque for a vehicle of its size. The drivetrain...what was Ford thinking?!? Front wheel drive? Maybe that is some design consolation to make the vehicle more fuel efficent. 
However, this is all moot.

The truck, if put into production, would undoubtably not have the super-duper hi-tech diesel motor. Ford will have to use as many off-the-shelf parts as possible, and they certainly are not going to lay out the massive $$$ to develope an all-new from the ground up platform for a nich (read: low production #s compaired to, say, the F-150) vehicle. In all likelyhood, they will rebadge an Escape (which is basically a car), slap new body-panels on it, offer the same V-6 engines available in every other Ford product, and call it the 2006 Bronco. This is my guess, at least. You guys are right...the days of tough, go-anywhere, utilitarian vehicles are over. If you have a Bronco, don't let it go.

Me? Well, I like the look well enough in its "concept" format. However, I don't see myself driving what is likely to be offered as the "new" Bronco. Sorry, new vehicles these days are just too damn expensive for my tastes. I bought (well...leased) a brand new Exploder in 2001. Fourteen months later I woke up one day and realized just how much money I was forkin' over each month for that truck. In addition, I was disgusted with the electrical problems, the hideous build quality (particularly the interior), the tire recall fiasco (the tires put as replacements were worse than the stockers - by the time I took it back to the dealership it was on its 3rd set of rubber), the horrible ride quality, the cramped cabin, the pitiful 4wd capabilities (yes, it was one of those rare 4wd models!), and so on. So I took it back, paid off the lease (in 14 months, with 16,000 miles on it and in perfect condition, its retail value was one-half of what I got it for) and rode my motorcycle for nearly two months while I searched for the truck I had wanted since I was a kid...a big honkin' Bronco. I found my '95 Eddie Bauer with only 62,000 miles on it and in excellent condition. I now drive a paid off truck that I can actually work on when something goes wrong (to date, the only thing I've had to do is rebuild the rear diff, and me and a co-worker did the job), that has some balls under the hood, that will go just about anywhere, and that my kids love to ride in. Sure, it doesn't get the greatest fuel economy, but hey, I live in a small town and I don't live but 10 miles from the office. So, in a nutshell, the big "old" Bronco works for me and I love it. The money I save from not having a monthly truck payment helped me build my dream house out in the country last summer. So, as it stands right now, I'd probably have to pass on the concept Bronco, especially if it is $30,000+. (Now, if they based a new Bronco on the F-150 platform...that may be a different story.)

Peace.

4641[/snapback]

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
Looks sorta like an old mail jeep crossed with a samurai on skid steer tires-BUT Id still drive it before I would one of those *** tuner cars!! <_<
29671[/snapback]

i would drive anything else but one of those tuner pieces of crap.

broncorama89

Reaction score
IF, God forbid, it does go into production, you'll never get it as it's shown.  There won't be a 4cyl diesel for it, there certainly won't be any NOS for it, and I can only HOPE the FWD is a sick and twisted joke
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the Bronco will never be what it once was, let it die

1153[/snapback]

i agree with broncoboy man, that's harsh

seakey

Reaction score
What is it do they hummer ,jeep commanche,toyota land cruiser and now bronco think small short windows make 4wheelin easier,do they wonder why we take our doors off. This truck a case off beer and I can't tell them apart. Why not a cheap stong bodied deisel with solid axels all manual simple parts roll down windows and a factory roll cage. It would last too long and be too cheap.They get some great vehicles in other countries made just so.America land of the cupholders and dealer options. Thanks Ill keep olfaithful

Justbust1n

Reaction score
IF, God forbid, it does go into production, you'll never get it as it's shown. There won't be a 4cyl diesel for it, there certainly won't be any NOS for it, and I can only HOPE the FWD is a sick and twisted joke
EXACTLY>>> it wont come out like this it will probably have littler tire and stupied wheels and most of them will try to keep it fuel economical and wont run worth a shit. It will probably take 50,000 dollars to get this one and the parts will be out the rook god forbid you break something , but it might shed somelighht back on us Broncoians....lol

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
Let it die probably isn't what he means, what he means is don't make some POS built on the legendary Bronco that only tarnishes its memory

Seabronc

Reaction score
Yup!!! Every time I see one of these I think of the Toyota that looks almost the same :-" . I wonder who stole who's design :blink: . You use to be able to see a car coming two blocks away and be able to identify it as a Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, etc. Now you can't tell them apart without reading the label :((

Today I saw the stupidest thing, a F150 dressed up and called a Lincoln Mark XT. I wonder how much extra that guy had to pay for a warmed over F150? Oh well, PT Barnum was absolutely right, "There is a sucker born every minute" :)) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) :))

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23