Where Can I Find This Thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

Tremangfoo

$40 grand??? Holy crap! I'd swear I read it was supposed to be priced more in the entry-level SUV price range, around that of the Escape. Hmm. You know, at first I was set off by the fact the vehicle had a diesel producing only 120 or so HP, then I remembered that the V-8 GM motor in the good ol' Army HMMWV (a.k.a. Hummer) only produces 150 HP. Of course, the Hummer is a dog when it comes to get up and go, but it produces ample torque; So I am guessing the four-banger in the concept Bronco probably produces acceptable torque for a vehicle of its size. The drivetrain...what was Ford thinking?!? Front wheel drive? Maybe that is some design consolation to make the vehicle more fuel efficent.

However, this is all moot.

The truck, if put into production, would undoubtably not have the super-duper hi-tech diesel motor. Ford will have to use as many off-the-shelf parts as possible, and they certainly are not going to lay out the massive $$$ to develope an all-new from the ground up platform for a nich (read: low production #s compaired to, say, the F-150) vehicle. In all likelyhood, they will rebadge an Escape (which is basically a car), slap new body-panels on it, offer the same V-6 engines available in every other Ford product, and call it the 2006 Bronco. This is my guess, at least. You guys are right...the days of tough, go-anywhere, utilitarian vehicles are over. If you have a Bronco, don't let it go.

Me? Well, I like the look well enough in its "concept" format. However, I don't see myself driving what is likely to be offered as the "new" Bronco. Sorry, new vehicles these days are just too damn expensive for my tastes. I bought (well...leased) a brand new Exploder in 2001. Fourteen months later I woke up one day and realized just how much money I was forkin' over each month for that truck. In addition, I was disgusted with the electrical problems, the hideous build quality (particularly the interior), the tire recall fiasco (the tires put as replacements were worse than the stockers - by the time I took it back to the dealership it was on its 3rd set of rubber), the horrible ride quality, the cramped cabin, the pitiful 4wd capabilities (yes, it was one of those rare 4wd models!), and so on. So I took it back, paid off the lease (in 14 months, with 16,000 miles on it and in perfect condition, its retail value was one-half of what I got it for) and rode my motorcycle for nearly two months while I searched for the truck I had wanted since I was a kid...a big honkin' Bronco. I found my '95 Eddie Bauer with only 62,000 miles on it and in excellent condition. I now drive a paid off truck that I can actually work on when something goes wrong (to date, the only thing I've had to do is rebuild the rear diff, and me and a co-worker did the job), that has some balls under the hood, that will go just about anywhere, and that my kids love to ride in. Sure, it doesn't get the greatest fuel economy, but hey, I live in a small town and I don't live but 10 miles from the office. So, in a nutshell, the big "old" Bronco works for me and I love it. The money I save from not having a monthly truck payment helped me build my dream house out in the country last summer. So, as it stands right now, I'd probably have to pass on the concept Bronco, especially if it is $30,000+. (Now, if they based a new Bronco on the F-150 platform...that may be a different story.)

Peace.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
This is closer to the size of a bronco II and should be judgded that way. fwd and things like that are just for getting a quick prototype out. anyway, this wouldn't be a serious off road vehicle because it has paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. when the wheel is turned all of the way over, it is really easy to get them confused. in my opinion, dont get you hopes up about this truck.

Gunner

Reaction score
IF, God forbid, it does go into production, you'll never get it as it's shown. There won't be a 4cyl diesel for it, there certainly won't be any NOS for it, and I can only HOPE the FWD is a sick and twisted joke
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the Bronco will never be what it once was, let it die
i agree about the new bronco but the let it die i disagree. never let it die just keep reviving it until it cant be revived anymore then take it out to pasture.

G

As for all the aluminum, the Land Rover also uses a lot of aluminum, including most body panels. I've seen quite a few Series 2 Rovers that have had a hard life off road and they still looked pretty good,plus they don't rust.

Gunner

Reaction score
ok they dont rust but oxidized aluminium is just as bad as rusted sheet metal. there is nothing that is perfect. better only depends on the conditions it is facing.

BigRedTruck

Reaction score
Is that a Jeep? A Hummer? ..Dare I say..Element? I don't know what that is...It is my opinion that it does look cool...but is this just a copy of someone else's ideas. Is it a Bronco? It doesn't look like a Bronco... Is that appropriate to use the name Bronco whenever it occurs to people?

KC

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_D

Reaction score
BigRed:

Actually it resembles the original Bronco 1966ish to 1976ish.

Most manufacturers are going to the "retro" thing these days.

I have also heard that Chevy (I know that is a swear word here) is coming out with a few new cars and trucks for 2005 - 2006 in the "retro" thing. Some of what I heard is cool. One off the top of my head is the old Nomad is making a return as a chopped / lowered wagon.

Seabronc

Reaction score
If you ask me, and no one did, :blush: The interior looks like they are trying to satisfy the , hope this doesn't offend, but the Yuppie class that can't aford a H2 yet. Darned if I'd spend 40K on it. [-( I like the concept but I don' believe this will cut it against a Jeep even much less some of the foreign compitition. It needs to have more clerance underneath. I can see it high and dry balanced on top of a rock. :)) Then if what you say is true, NO 4WD and NO LOW, give me a break. It ought to have manual hubs also. Ford has lost sight of the ORV market , if you ask me and no one has, fancy looking wheels and 3" clearance don't make a real Bronco of any vintage. It looks more like one of these :eek:) :eek:) :eek:) :eek:) :eek:) cars.

:)>-

dicain

Reaction score
what I would like to see is a full size bronc again with a staight axle (not the thing the put under the 97+ f150s.

Are you listening FORD?

ford4ever

Reaction score
personally i think the new bronco flat out SUCKS. perhapes its because i like the 80's/90's broncos more then the 60's/70's broncos. or perhapes its because they were talkin about puttin NOS in it. i mean where the **** i am i going to buy NOS......much less legaly.......becaus i am pretty sure NOS is illegal....i mean why do you need NOS in a truck....to get up the extra steep hill....to drag race....and i swear if if anyone drag races with a bronco i'll **** 'em....and i really dont like the whole interior or the aluminum idea....i mean i get behind the wheel more then likly it will be dented from a branch or something. also i dont like how it has BRONCO sprawled all over it. what was wrong with just putting bronco on the front fenders and the tailgate. plus they got rid of the topper. grrr. i come back later if i can think of anything else that idont like a about it.....

P.S. who needs the dang desial engine....so the gas can freeze up and turn to jelly and take a year to start up...

ford4ever

Reaction score
also i think they are just trying to copy the H2 like everyone else is....i mean take a look around.....you'll see what i mean......

B-man

Reaction score
Wow,, great ground clearance there. Only plus about that "so called" Bronco is the winch.

And the fact that HOPEFULLY it stays as a concept. And if they bring out the embarrassement.. They name is something else..

Let the Bronco legend live on and stop trying to relive it Ford..

sreaminbronco

Reaction score
Crap its absouluetly crap its like rolling around in a tin box. You know the first time someone goes offroading in this thing something terribles going to happen and ford will do a recall on all of them and they will never make anymore. Nothing can be made to outbeat the old bronco except maybe a tank.

king_butt_head

Reaction score
:lol: That's not a bronco looks more like a honda :lol: well if i had the 40k i wouldnt spend it on that i kinda do hope they produce it though so i can stick one on a "real" bronco chasi in about 10 or 15 years i'd prolly still rather wheel my 95 i think if ford wanted to do something as crazi as that they should produce the new mustang on a expedition chasi

Thadoggma

Reaction score
too much computerized crap to short out, break etc... especially the intellitrac, sounds like a break down in a good mud pit or steep hillside to me. too much focus on innovations for the lazy man. if I wanted to make it easier to 4x4

I would hire a driver to do it for me. but i like things challenging... just a thought!

bidibronco

Reaction score
I don't like it? Maybe it's me but I like my 4x4 to look tuff not cheap. And did I hear someone say $40k? C'mon now, a Bronc' isn't some fancy expensive luxury vehicle. It's a damn truck that's ment to play as hard as it works and I for one work pretty damn hard so I play hard to!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23