Thinking of Rhino Lining Interior anyone know cost of this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STUNTMAN

Reaction score
Thinking of Rhino Lining Interior anyone know cost of this job. I called my local shop and they get $1000. I thought this was high especially since I was bringing a rust free, newly painted and stripped interior to their shop. I heard p/u beds are half that price. Anyone had this done recently and could tell me what they paid so I do not feel like I am getting ripped off. Thanks in advance.

76Explorer

Reaction score
Thinking of Rhino Lining Interior anyone know cost of this job. I called my local shop and they get $1000. I thought this was high especially since I was bringing a rust free, newly painted and stripped interior to their shop. I heard p/u beds are half that price. Anyone had this done recently and could tell me what they paid so I do not feel like I am getting ripped off. Thanks in advance.
I bought a sprayer off Ebay for $10 and sprayed mine. I used duplicolor brand from O'Reilly Auto Parts, it took 3 gal @ $50 each. It took longer to mask every thing off than it did to spray it.

76_bed.jpg

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
Your Local Auto Zone will carry 2 or 3 different type of liner.. Hurculiner is pretty good stuff. The gallon jugs are about $70 plus $10 for the rollers. The others are a little cheaper around $50ish..

BroncoAddict

Reaction score
I used the hurculiner, Rolled it my self with like a gallon. I did it thick too. Still had a little left over. Looks great and serves it's purpose. Total cost about 75 bucks, beats the 1000 your talkin about. Mine came with rollers and everything you need.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Go to a auto paint supply like Wesco and they have some great spray on bed liners. I used black but they have other colors and it dries smooth and hard. It was also $50 for a small can and comes with a can of hardener additive. The air compressor gun was $15 and screws right onto the bed liners can. Its stuff is very tough and doen't scratch. The door sill show a slight amount of wear but not bad. I wish I could think of the name. My buddy did Hurculiner and he wish he used the stuff I got. His is really sharp and scratchy since its added it to the interior and doors. If I was building a nice rig or had the cash I'd get it rhino lined as its way stronger than anyting out there, will never need to be replaced or have rust problems.

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
Nothing I've seen compares to RhinoLining. I haven't done my Bronco yet, but I just had an 8ft utility bed done (tops, inside, and rear bumper, the floor was sprayed 1/4" thick). That was less that $600. There's no way a Bronco interior can be more difficult than that.

combstj

Reaction score
Nothing I've seen compares to RhinoLining. I haven't done my Bronco yet, but I just had an 8ft utility bed done (tops, inside, and rear bumper, the floor was sprayed 1/4" thick). That was less that $600. There's no way a Bronco interior can be more difficult than that.
I did the Hurculiner also. It looks great, and wasn't to much of a PITA.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
I sprayed Herculiner in my tub, have used Rhino & Line-X on other trucks and the absolute best is the Line-X. It is cheaper and thicker than the Rhino that I have seen. Herculiner doesn't have as much of a "rubbery" feel to it as either of the others and it isn't as thick of an application. Mine is wearing through under the gas pedal from my heel. I would recommend spraying Herc. over rolling it because it gives it a smoother feel and isn't as rough as a roll application. A Rhino spray job around here costs about $450 for an interior tub and a Line-X costs about $400. You can go with Herculiner, Durabak or another do-it-yourself liner, but you won't get the quality from any of them as if you were to go Rhino or Line-X. Had I the money at the time I did mine, I would have gone with Line-X. For a budget, I would recommend the self jobbers, they get it done for about 1/4 to a 1/3 the price of the professional liners.

Jayson5150

Reaction score
I was also "quoted" around $1200 for an inyati liner....was given the excuse it takes way too long to mask it off....said they could do 4 p/u beds in same time.....will be rolling my own.

desisbronco

Reaction score
I bought a sprayer off Ebay for $10 and sprayed mine. I used duplicolor brand from O'Reilly Auto Parts, it took 3 gal @ $50 each. It took longer to mask every thing off than it did to spray it.
what kind of sprayer?

S_bolt19

Reaction score
You can go to any auto paint supply store and ask them for a bed liner gun. They typically run $20-30. The thing is that you have to have the compressor to keep up with it. They require about 70-90 constant psi and if you have a compressor with anything less than a 30 gallon tank, you are gonna have a helluva time getting an even spray. I just painted and herculined my sister's J**p this summer and I have a 50 gallon tank with single stage motor on it and it had difficulties if I ran it for long periods of spray time. They just eat a ton of air.

Yardape

Reaction score
You guys arent giving Durabak the credit it deserves, this stuff rocks. I have been sold on this stuff for quite some time now, its not the same crap that you can buy from your local partstore it is the real deal. Check out their site. They have a few pics of trucks painted with it.

http://www.durabakcompany.com/ Its about $80.00 a gallon but it is awesome stuff.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
I just have used herculiner over durabak because of convienence issues. You gotta order Durabak where you can just go to the autoparts store and pick some Herculiner up. Although I have talked to quite a few guys who like the Durabak texture better than Herculiner...I have been thinking of respraying my Bronco with it...just cleaning the current liner real good with xylene real good and going over the top of it.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
as long as it is an undercoating/bed lining gun then you should be able to. Look up what size nozzle Durabak recommends using, or call them and ask. Too small a nozzle and you won't get any of the rubber through, too big and it will just glob on and your compressor won't keep up.

rocksballplayer

Reaction score
i recently had my trucks bed sprayed with lineX which is the same stuff 4 200 cheaper and it it chips flakes or cracks thet will redo it 4 life

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
Update: I went ahead with the RhinoLining. $616 total with sales tax. They did my tailgate and door inserts separate. I had the doors off, and the roll cage and seat belts out. This was worth every penny. I've heard lots of good things about LineX also, but I like the softer texture of the RhinoLining because as long as it's clean it won't scratch my guns when I go hunting. Keeps things from sliding around also.

As far as RhinoLining durability, in my work truck I haul large (400 to 1400 lbs) electric motors and all kinds of oilfield tools and junk. After 15 months, not a single tear in the liner. It doesn't even smash down if I have a motor setting back there for several days!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23