Replacing tranny and have a few questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billy-buck

Reaction score
I was wheeling my 79 and lost D... still have 1st and 2nd (although 2 no longer includes a shift between 1 and 2). Can start in D and I think it pulls in 2 but then shifts to nothing but free wheel, R still works and if I stomp it in D I get a downshift to 2. Replaced the vacuum modulator, checked all linkages, vacuumlines, fluid level etc.. no joy. So, I picked up another C6 with married case for cheap, getting ready to swap it into the rig but while planning the attack I found a little plastic doo-hickey on the kickdown stud... it's got wires that run up into the harness... what does this do, could it be causing the problem???

IMG_1573.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

billy-buck

Reaction score
LOL, nevermind, I think that's the reverse light switch (safer spot for that would have been in the cab). Any idea why the bronco would have the long, 8.75", tailshaft adpater and the trucks had the short, 5.75", tailshaft adapter?

Bronc76

Reaction score
I believe the 8.75" is normally found on big block housings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula