Replacing window seals and felts - 1988 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goalie00rich

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have started to replace the window and door seals throughout my '88 Bronco XLT and have run into an issue. I've removed the old window seals/felts, put the new ones in place (as the video from Broncos and Parts Garage on YouTube) and now the window wont go up. There is an area that seems to be a pinch point where the window felts curve to sit onto the door/window seal/track, where the glass can't go thru. The motor seems to work a bit slower than before (with the old cracked dried out window felts), but this is to be expected with tighter seals. I purchased the entire kit from Bronco Graveyard. Has anyone had the same experience or ideas on what I can do? The window is cleaned thoroughly and I'm hesitant of using any types of lubricants in on the felts. Should I purchase new window motors?

Thanks

Rich
1988 Bronco owner since summer of 2023

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have started to replace the window and door seals throughout my '88 Bronco XLT and have run into an issue. I've removed the old window seals/felts, put the new ones in place (as the video from Broncos and Parts Garage on YouTube) and now the window wont go up. There is an area that seems to be a pinch point where the window felts curve to sit onto the door/window seal/track, where the glass can't go thru. The motor seems to work a bit slower than before (with the old cracked dried out window felts), but this is to be expected with tighter seals. I purchased the entire kit from Bronco Graveyard. Has anyone had the same experience or ideas on what I can do? The window is cleaned thoroughly and I'm hesitant of using any types of lubricants in on the felts. Should I purchase new window motors?

Thanks

Rich
1988 Bronco owner since summer of 2023
Hey goalie
I recently did the ones in my 79, I had a similar issue, I had to adjust the tracks to line up with the channels in the upper door frame. (They need to line up very close)
slilcone spray L U B E is the recommended lubricant for weatherstrips and should be applied yearly anyway.
Good luck
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane