No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtneerfan

Reaction score
I pulled my 76 in to the garage and parked and now I have no power. It will not start and I have no power to the lights or anything else. I replaced the battery and the lights worked. I tried to start it and it turned over briefly and now the nothing works. Any ideas?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
What else have you checked..?

For starters..,

Check batt. cable conn. at the batt. & the block (ground)

----" ----" -----" ----" --- at the solenoid & starter (pos.) & all connections on the solenoid.

OP
OP
mtneerfan

mtneerfan

Reaction score
:lol:

What else have you checked..?For starters..,

Check batt. cable conn. at the batt. & the block (ground)

----" ----" -----" ----" --- at the solenoid & starter (pos.) & all connections on the solenoid.
All the cables were hooked up tight and the cables were in good shape. I cleaned some rust from the cable that run from the battery to the solenoid with some sandpaper and everything is working fine. I thought for sure it was something alot more complicated. Thanks.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"I cleaned some rust from the cable that run from the battery to the solenoid with some sandpaper and (now)everything is working fine. I thought for sure it was something alot more complicated. Thanks."

---- You're welcome.., & as a side note;

A good percentage of the problems on older rigs can be solved by that very serv./maint. proceedure, on several wiring connections, from headlights to tail-lights & most everything in-between.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph