Help with Window Removal, tailgate, stuck down, no motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Linney

Reaction score
Hi! My 1996 Bronco.. tailgate window is stuck down. Motor is bad, I've tried jumping it directly, there is no motor function at all. I need help with GLASS removal. I've tried everything to get the motor to budge, no avail. The only way I can replace the motor is by removing the window... but how? Ive watched every video about switches and wiring and jumping the motor, I am passed that they all failed. I must remove the glass and can't find a single video or forum about the glass removal in down position. All I’ve found is to magically remove the 4 bolts at the bottom, which is impossible based on their direction, I can remove the nuts but not the bolts.

OP
OP
L

Linney

Reaction score
Hi! My 1996 Bronco.. tailgate window is stuck down. Motor is bad, I've tried jumping it directly, there is no motor function at all. I need help with GLASS removal. I've tried everything to get the motor to budge, no avail. The only way I can replace the motor is by removing the window... but how? Ive watched every video about switches and wiring and jumping the motor, I am passed that they all failed. I must remove the glass and can't find a single video or forum about the glass removal in down position. All I’ve found is to magically remove the 4 bolts at the bottom, which is impossible based on their direction, I can remove the nuts but not the bolts.
Here are pictures of the bolts I can’t figure out a way to remove

Attachments

• 40AA558E-84D5-4908-B9AF-CA88E8225B8F.jpeg
    40AA558E-84D5-4908-B9AF-CA88E8225B8F.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 045E5903-3DDA-4FA0-8F69-298DD5961BBD.jpeg
    045E5903-3DDA-4FA0-8F69-298DD5961BBD.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 3

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the access panel off the inside of the tailgate? I was thinking you could reach the motor bolts there. Need to find a picture.

Those bolts you posted, you can remove the glass like that, but those are not always bolts, they might be rivets.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Do you have the access panel off the inside of the tailgate? I was thinking you could reach the motor bolts there. Need to find a picture.

Those bolts you posted, you can remove the glass like that, but those are not always bolts, they might be rivets.
Also hope you have a table close buy to lay the glass on. Hopefully you have someone to help take it out too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBroncoBob