Hardtop vs soft top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAM1992

Reaction score
My dad just gave me a 74 bronco with no top im 6 4 and i need head clearance which top is best suited for my height

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi Bam., welcome..!

Climate comes into play as well. (don't know where you are)

Prob. more important are the seats., as both tops are plenty high.

Some folks put in aft. mkt. seats that are tall. This causes you to stare at the top of the windshield frame.

The stock seats are OK. My rig came with "VAN" seats..!! I pulled them & put in some 1980's Toyota seats. Now I can see out the windshield.

Do fill in your info. pages ...that info. shows on ev. post. This allows for accurate help on any questions.

My preference is the rag-top...., easy to remove for summer. >:D< <'>

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

BAM1992

Reaction score
Hi Bam., welcome..!

Climate comes into play as well. (don't know where you are)

Prob. more important are the seats., as both tops are plenty high.

Some folks put in aft. mkt. seats that are tall. This causes you to stare at the top of the windshield frame.

The stock seats are OK. My rig came with "VAN" seats..!! I pulled them & put in some 1980's Toyota seats. Now I can see out the windshield.

Do fill in your info. pages ...that info. shows on ev. post. This allows for accurate help on any questions.

My preference is the rag-top...., easy to remove for summer. >:D< <'>

OP
OP
B

BAM1992

Reaction score
Thank you for your time ill be sure to fill everything out asap.

Ill be in arizona so i will consider rag-top defintley.

my dad is putting custom seats in it for me so ill just get them as low as possible so roof wont be an issue haha

sandman90

Reaction score
HI Bam, I'm 6'3 and I have a Bestop ragtop with Corbeau SS seats and I have plenty of headroom. It is a little breezy in the winter.

MUZZALL

Reaction score
I'm also tall 6'5", the only head room issues I've had are with my roll cage. I'm running 93 civic seats and my biggest problem is seeing stop lights. Back to the subject I run a bikini top for the summer and the hard top in the winter. I think if I were down south like you I'd run a bikini and soft top.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948