couple of questions about my 87

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzoomer

Reaction score
hello to all i am new to this forum trying to get some info before venturing any deeper into my project, first a little about it

its an 87 Bronco2 XLT 5spd 4x4 it has the push button 4x4 on the top console

i bought this thing a few days ago for $450 stating that it needed a clutch, power windows don't work, back glass is only attached by one hinge and can't be opened till fixed, and interior is shot, however it runs good i am not one that really cares about looks, i am more of a dependability kind of guy, i am a decent DIY mechanic with a few years in the past spend doing professional mechanic work,

anyways as i am getting ready to start changing the clutch, i was wandering if there were any pointers that would help it go any smoother/quicker, i have a Haynes manual but its vague steps only show kinda what to do and you can tell that the specific instructions are for another year model,

i am also at the same time going to change the valve cover gaskets, as it has the worst case of "sludge" under the hood and looking at it and with the research i have done it seems like they are the most likely culprit

and finally i an very interested in swapping out that annoying and unreliable electronic system for manual locking hubs and a manual T-Case i was wandering if anyone here has done that before if so what specific items will i need except for the obvious, and will i have to change my whole T-case or should the manual shifter just bolt on??

thanks in advance for any input and sorry for the lengthiness of the post just trying to figure some stuff out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula