sport steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a center cap for the sport steering wheel? I found a wheel for my 79 project, but its missing the center cap and horn button.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.sport wheel.jpg
Thats a pict of the wheel, as I said, I'm looking for the center and horn button.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a center cap for the sport steering wheel? I found a wheel for my 79 project, but its missing the center cap and horn button.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.View attachment 29617
Thats a pict of the wheel, as I said, I'm looking for the center and horn button.
I sawone awhile back and it was outrages--about $159. That,s the same kind on my Custom. I think on the XLT Ranger is different. Yes its different. It has a button on each side and looks more like a boomarang.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I,ll watch and see what I can find out.
Jeff brnco has them for---better sit down--$90. Call this guy in Erbacon,W.Va at 304-619-2289. A friend told me the guy had all kinds and different years and makes of Ford. Plus he is very knowledge in old Fords. His name is Eddie

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I,ll watch and see what I can find out
Jeff brnco has them for---better sit down--$90. Call this guy in Erbacon,W.Va at 304-619-2289. A friend told me the guy had all kinds and different years and makes of Ford. Plus he is very knowledge in old Fords. His name is Eddie
Thanks Johnny, Ill look into that, Is that 90 bucks just for the center?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
its 8:57 a.m hear now--Thusday morning and I,ll call him in a little while.
I think the pick ups should also be the same. I remember about 35 years ago. I was loking for the GT emble for the front grill in my 66 farilane. A ford place out in Oklohoma City had one and they were asking close to a hundred dollars--NO WAY WOULD I PAY IT AND I CAN LIVE WITH MY OLD ONE. I,ll find you one--just hold on.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
i called again and left a couple of more messages. I never got any replys. They don,t have very good phone service down where he lives at. I also left word with a friend,That has bought parts from him and he said he,d tell the guy to contact me--if he saw him.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Thanks Johnny, don’t go out of your way, I’m still in the hunting stages, I have a ton of mechanical stuff before I need a wheel.
I appreciate the help.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks Johnny, don’t go out of your way, I’m still in the hunting stages, I have a ton of mechanical stuff before I need a wheel.
I appreciate the help.
Well I ,ll keep my eyes and ears open. Can,nt see paying out ragesous prices like some are asking . The time I seen the price they were asking. I told my friend I have anotion to send them a message and ask them what would they pay me for mine.hahaha When it starts warming up. I hope to make it over at a friends place and see about getting a couple.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I appreciate the help.
No problem. If I can help someone that treays me good--I,ll treat them good. Oh----I know its late and sorry for being late telling you. I ,m sorry to hear about your friends son in Iraq. Hate to hear that.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
No problem. If I can help someone that treays me good--I,ll treat them good. Oh----I know its late and sorry for being late telling you. I ,m sorry to hear about your friends son in Iraq. Hate to hear that.
Thanks Again Johnny, I really appreciate that.
Also, I went back to the truck I found the wheel in last night and the center was under the seat, its cracked in a couple places and missing the horn button, but I think I can work with it. I can't stand it when people break stuff instead of figuring out how it works!(Especially with Uncle Google for help now)
I still need the horn button though. Thanks again for the help.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well I,ll find one some place--see if I don,t, If you have a Harbor Freight near you. They sale a epoxy --it comes with 2 tubes and cos tabout $2. I,ve used it and it drys fast and you can file or sand it inro shpe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK