real bad miss/back fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pelliott828

Reaction score
well i have an 89 bronco ii efi 4x4 w/fm146 and i rolled it a few weeks ago. i removed the spark plugs and turned the motor over to remove the oil from the cylinders. put plugs and wires back in and it started right up. a day or 2 later it started to miss fire and back fire under heavy acceleration. iv replaced plugs, wires, coil, injectors, and tfi. any other thoughts of what it might be?

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
It might be one of those Murphy's Laws, in that it might not be related to anything. Perhaps it jumped valve timing. Give her a compression check, see where you are at.

Jimmy Neutron

Land of Confusion
Reaction score
I second the timing issue...

I have seen these engines run 180* off, no kidding! Checking the compression would be the easiest way to check valve timing.

Let us know what solved the issue!

J

OP
OP
P

pelliott828

Reaction score
well i think i might have found my miss, i was looking at my motor tonight and i saw a couple plugs sparking against the block so ill get a new set sometime this week and see how that is

OP
OP
P

pelliott828

Reaction score
i had to adjust the timing, it was ay 4 degrees BTDC and i put it at 10, and i replaced the spark plugs and now it runs like a champ, all i need now is a new transmission and it will be just about good as new

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula