Limited-slip Diffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cleo

Reaction score
I want to put an agressive limited-slip diff in the rear and a smooth LS in the front, so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Truetrax LS. I spoke with the guys at Randy's Ring and Pinion about what I was going to use the Bronco for (sand, mild hills and some mud) and they recommened a Truetrax but my father has a 72' Blazer with Eatons in it and when I 've taken it thru mud and up hills it has also always come out on top. Any thoughts?

southerntrax

Reaction score
i have a factory limited slip in my 89 8.8 and it works great. i have been on the sand at nags head and go threw mud every weekend. if you are interested in one i a few laying around from jobs i do at work.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Eaton posi is a GM product, and the Ford equivalent is a TrueTrax. I have looked at both, since I also own a couple of GM trucks. I am seriously looking at a minispool for my Ford 9" rear axle. Don't know what you have, though.

OP
OP
C

cleo

Reaction score
Right now all I have is a two wheel drive Bronco. Both front and rear are open diffs, Randy's tells me that a truetrax is a limited slip unit that requires no modification to install. But I have no experience with limited slip diffs so any advice will help.

Gunner

Reaction score
Right now all I have is a two wheel drive Bronco. Both front and rear are open diffs, Randy's tells me that a truetrax is a limited slip unit that requires no modification to install. But I have no experience with limited slip diffs so any advice will help.
well the first thing i would do is sell it and buy a 4x4 like a bronco is supposed to be. they should **** the guy who thought that a 2x bronco was a good idea. but that is my opnion

S

Stephen Hawk

Cleo's post has me a little confused. 1, he/she said he has a 2X4 bronco (as far as i know it doesn't exist unless it was converted from a 4X4. I.E. Ford never made them that way) and 2, if its 2X4 how can it have open difs in the FRONT and rear? Is it 2X4 because the drive shaft or transfer case was removed?

"Right now all I have is a two wheel drive Bronco. Both front and rear are open diffs,"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane