Body Cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue&white bronco

Reaction score
I have a 93 that has bad body craks at the end of the rain gutter where the top meets, from what ive seen this is very common. anyone have and good fix's?

Gunner

Reaction score
Depends on the size of the crack. if the crack is gapped at larger than 1/4 inch then i would say to cut out the bad spot and wled in a new piece of sheet metal. if it is just a small crack just get yourself some sand paper and fiber glass. sand the area surrounding the crack and fiber glass it up then sand it smooth and repaint to match. its actually quite easy. alot of people get scared to used fiber glass. just read the instructions and get the mixture of resin and hardener correct and you will be good to go. even if you mess it up you can just sand it back off and try again. or if you live in the MA area let me know and i will hook it up for you. hope it helped. oh and you can find fiberglass at any auto shop or like home depot and lowes.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
If you are good with "bondo" maybe you would be willing to try lead. All you need to do is melt it down & keep it heated with a propane torch so that it works like wet bondo. There is more to it than that (cleaning out the old filler putty, sanding etc.) but with some practice on scrap metal you should have no trouble doing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar