66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
84f150xlt

84 351w emissions and vacuum line cleanup help?!

84 351w 2bbl. I want to convert to a 4bbl carb. But there r so many vacuum lines under the hood for emissions. Any ideas or link to help me sucessfully bypass these with out losing recomended vacuum and throwing codes?

Here is a vacuum diagram for a 351W from a pickup.  It is the same for the Bronco minus one of the Purge CV hookups.  The second diagram is a picture of my hookup without the air pump.

:)>-

post-889-0-85870700-1426735566_thumb.jpg

post-889-0-80509400-1426735596_thumb.jpg

Thanks bud I appreciate your help. One question the diagram for ur vacuum lines u used. Im a little confused. R the lines u used and kept uder the hood the colored lines? And with this change did it affect the performance of ur rig?

Yes, those are the ones I kept.  Those lines do three things for the engine operation: 1. Vacuum advance for the distributor 2. Improve cold start running characteristics of the engine 3. Properly regulate the pressure inside the gas tank and burn off emissions vapors from the tank.

Red is the main vacuum lines. Yellow is the vacuum advance. Black vents the gas tank and burns off the evaporative emissions as controlled by a Vacuum Control Valve (VCV) and the Vacuum Control Solenoid (VCS)that gets vacuum from the gray line. The orange lines give it better cold start characteristics by controlling the the exhaust feedback to the warm the intake until the engine gets to 165 degrees. The Vacuum Throttle Kicker (VK) prevents the idle  from dropping all the way out suddenly on quick deceleration prevent the engine from stalling,

:)>-

Guest Nate
On 3/18/2015 at 2:29 PM, 84f150xlt said:

84 351w 2bbl. I want to convert to a 4bbl carb. But there r so many vacuum lines under the hood for emissions. Any ideas or link to help me sucessfully bypass these with out losing recomended vacuum and throwing codes?

I have just done this with my truck the 2-4 barrel conversion and am lost as all heck with the vacuum lines xD

Yo Nate,

Post up exactly what info you need, such as the Acronyms:
(not nec. for your year/engine)
A/CL: Located in the air cleaner
A/CL DV: Air Cleaner Diverter Valve
A/CL BI MET: Air Cleaner Bi-Metallic Valve
A/CL CWM: Air Cleaner Cold Weather Modulator
Etc.

and it is always better to start your own  thread. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.