help me out! rear window regulator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txmudder

Reaction score
ok im a noob i bought my first bronco two days ago. its a 88. my rear window regulator went out after rolling my window down. now i cant get to but even worse i cant find one any where. i men can not find one any where so if any one knows were i can please tell asap. its rained twice!

Seabronc

Reaction score
What makes you think it is the regulator? Do you mean that the window won't go up when you operate the dash switch or the tail gate key switch? Do you hear any noise, like the motor running when you operate one of the switches?

peace.gif

OP
OP
T

txmudder

Reaction score
YA NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I TURN THE KEY IT WAS WORKING THEN ACTING LIKE THE MOTTOR THEN OUT OF KNOW WHERE JUST STOPS WORKING. NO NOISE NOTHING JUST LOCKED THERE.

What makes you think it is the regulator? Do you mean that the window won't go up when you operate the dash switch or the tail gate key switch? Do you hear any noise, like the motor running when you operate one of the switches?

peace.gif

Seabronc

Reaction score
OK, most likely it is not the regulator, they usually don't go bad. However, it may be the motor. Get a 12 or 14 volt cordless drill battery. Open the access panel on the tail gate. Find the motor leads on the left side just under the cutout access hole. Then follow the wire to the motor, along the way you will find a connector. Take it apart, and use a set of jumper leads to connect to the window motor. If it doesn't work, reverse the leads, (that is basically the same thing the switches do with the voltage). If the motor doesn't move then, the motor is probably bad. If it does move, you have a wiring problem.

Good luck,

peace.gif

In the diagram below the safety switch shown near the motor is often the cause of both switches failing. It is attached to the left side tail gate latch and not to easy to get at. If the motor works with the above procedure, try 1. pushing on the left side of the tail gate and operating the switch. If it works, you can do one of two things; adjust the lugs the latch grabs or bypass the switch. The function of the switch is to prevent you from closing the window if the tail gate is not closed. If you have your window half way up and close the tail gate :-& you will break the glass.

Tailgate motor control.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

txmudder

Reaction score
fred thanks man ill try it see what happens i appreciate the help ill let you know what happens asap!

OP
OP
T

txmudder

Reaction score
man you were right i got mad at it today cause i could getr the window to get to the mottor so i slammed shut and was leaning on it and tried it one more time and it started to come upwhen i was leaned on it lol

Seabronc

Reaction score
1. pushing on the left side of the tail gate and operating the switch. If it works, you can do one of two things; adjust the lugs the latch grabs or bypass the switch. .
I was having brain failure when I called the Striker bolts LUGS. I hope you figured out what I was talking about. You need a Torx bit and a ratchet to loosen and tighten the striker. Loosen it just a little and move it just a little bit at a time. You probably won't have to move it much. Also squirt some WD40 into the latch guts, it may help it work better.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar