How to take off a locking hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OJ_Bronco

Reaction score
I went to the woods last weekend and i broke my passenger side hub and wheel bearing and i was wondering how to take the locking hub do i need any specialy made tools

i need to know asap

Thanks, O.J. Bronco

shift1313

Reaction score
what year bronco? 96? there are a few different style spindle nuts but you will need the socket for your type. earlier hubs had a nut with holes that lines up with a washer with pins to help retain it. Later on ford went to a spring loaded setup. The same socket will work on both. even later(i think 92 but im not sure) saw a different style which i believe takes a different socket. Other than that you will need standard tools like allen keys, tools to remove internal and external snap rings, sockets and so on.

How do you know you broke these parts if they havent been removed? What happened?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo OJ!

(it ryhmes! .. finally!)

OJ, I know it's tuff writing from the cell, but dude, you post here w/Qs but never come back with an acknowledgement after receiving replies.

Shift spent his time to post info for ya and asked a simple Q.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar