window motor has no balls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oktogo

Reaction score
my window motor has to be helped to get half the way up is the motor going out or is the track dirty or sumthing?

Broncobill78

Reaction score
It's usually either rust/crap in the tracks, rusty regulator arms/pivot, or both. Carefully take off the door panel and get a good look at everything. WD40 may help loosen things up initially but it washes away pretty quickly. Get a can of sprayable white lithium grease & use the nozzle extension to get in and lubricate the tracks & the regulator arms/piviot as well as the gear itself and you should see a big difference. When you're at Napa (or wherever) getting the grease you might want to pickup a box of replacement nylon panel clips for the door panel because it's likely that one or more will break, also be careful removing the panel so you don't break the little housings those clips slide into (don't know *how* many of those things I've seen broken)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike G

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. I took the motor out and the bottom bearing was rusted to the point of being seized. I'm sure that any water reaching it makes its way to the bottom where the bad bearing is. I got it freed up enough after taking it apart and cleaning the bearing so it works but it still has a bad spot so it goes up and slows about 3 time until it makes it all the way. The bottom bearing is held in place by small clips that are rolled over the bearing. I'm surprised that it has lasted this long. Planning to change it the first chance I get. $47 from Autozone.

B-Cack

Reaction score
Not sure what year you have, but on my 93 I had to use a dremel tool to file down the rivets to get the motor out. Once this was done I pulled the motor out and took the three or four screws out and found that inside where the worm gear meets up with the large area there was a white plastic part that was destroyed. They are simple to replace, takes about 20 seconds then you have to figure out how to get the motor back on the door. LOL I used screws so I could get it out easier again... good luck Here is that part on Graveyard http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-34344_...ator_roller.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar