85 BRONCO II WINDSHIELD/SEAL LEAKING?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncovol

Reaction score
My bronco II has developed a leak in and/or around the top passanger side of the front windshield. I had the windshield re-sealed and the leak still comes in. The water runs down the post dehind the trim and out into the carpet on the passanger side. Im not completely sure that wall the water is comming from that one leak either. Any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

78 blue beast

Reaction score
This trick works if you have access to an aircompresser. Spray soap/water mix on the outside of the windsield, then hit it with an airgun. Have someone look inside for where the bubble is comming threw. that will be your leeak area.

SunSpot

Reaction score
I spent a large number of years as a bodyman, and I am here to tell you that MOST leaks arent from the windshield. If it leaks when you are parked... it aint the windshield. If you have the chrome off and spray it with water hose or try the air trick Blue Beast suggested and can see the water leak then yeah re-seal the windshield. Most leaks that are suspected being from windshield end up being rust in the cowl or a leak around the drip rail (above door) from old/cracked seam sealer. If it has a luggage rack on top, those leaks also run into the interior roof channels. Water that gets inside of the roof channels will eventually run forward when you hit the brake and run down the windshield post. This type of leak wont even get the headliner wet, and yet ends up on carpet.

I will be posting some photos of a nasty cowl leak that I repaired. The guy i bought the Bronco II from, said "oh and the windshield leaks a little"

Pfft... poor winshield got a bad rap.

B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane