what is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out what this part is called so I can get a new one. Its some type of wedge that goes in between the spring perch and the leaf springs, it has a stub on the bottom and an offset hole on the top. I outlined it in the attachment. thanks

Slide1.jpg

P1010028_1.jpg

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
that's a leaf spring block

some people use larger blocks to gain more lift in the rear, and you can by shims that are angled to correct a pinion angle after a lift as well

OP
OP
Red Green Jr

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
But its not a standard lift block. First, its wedge shaped, the back is about an inch tall and it slopes down to nothing. Also, the hole and stub are offset from each other and all other shims that I have seen do not have a stub, they just have a hole all the way through. If the wedge was not there the axle would be moved forward about an inch and be angled too far down.

I dont have a better picture, but its roughly this shape (sorry for the crudeness)

Slide1.jpg

J&SBroncolvrs

Reaction score
This is just a guess, but I think it's part of a levelling kit. Bronco's originally had a rake to the front of about an inch and a half. To level it the smallest spring for the front you could get was 3" higher than stock (I'm guessing) which requires a small lift block in the rear. Like I say, I'm not sure but when I bought my bronco, I was told it had a 3" lift on it, and it has the same block in the rear as yours does.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Red Green Jr

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
The only info I can find is that those are factory wedges to correct the pinion angle. I still have no idea where to get new ones though.

OP
OP
Red Green Jr

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
I have already been fooled by those, lol. I bought a pair but they dont have a stub, its just a hole drilled all the way through and the angle is too shallow.

J&SBroncolvrs

Reaction score
I can't find them either. I've read about some guys that are good enough to fabricate their own, or maybe hit a wreckers?

OP
OP
Red Green Jr

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
I'll probably have to wait until spring and get it from a junkyard

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronco79

Reaction score
If you get a "Spring Center Bolt" that's long enough it will go through the leaf spring and the block and you will have your stub at the bottom.

trhaus

Reaction score
your best luck would probably be to find a set at a junk yard when i put a lift on my 94 f150 i gave those to buddy for a leveling kit. they are commonly found on stock high-riders or taller stock trucks

BKW

Reaction score
EOTZ5729A (replaced: D8TZ5729A) .. Rear Spring Spacer (Wedge) / Obsolete

Bowman Sales & Service in Bowman ND has THREE = 701-523-3257.

These are NOS - New, Old Stock.

No other Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

MIL1ION

Still Da Man
Reaction score
scan0003.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK