Uncut Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astronot

Reaction score
I've looked around in the archives and haven't found the answer to the question "What is an uncut Bronco?"

My '74 has rear fender flares installed so the body around the the wheel well no longer has the contour found on pictures I've seen. Also, I installed a floor shifter, so there is now a hole in the floorboard. So now that I've mentioned 2 "cuts" that have been made, do those cuts take my Bronc out of the "uncut" category? My guess is they do, but I just wanted a 2nd opinion..

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo astronot,

UNCUT

"If you see this term in an ad, understand, it usually refers to the rear fenders of the Bronco. In its stock form, the rear fenders are pretty low and not at all apropriate for large wheels and tires, let alone major suspension travel. The largest tire that we are aware of that fits under a stock rear fender is 9.50 X 31”. If your intent is to build a major rock climber, you can skip the stock truck and look for one that is already cut... there are plenty. The remaining uncut Broncos deserve to be left unmolested.. there aren’t that many of them out there. Also, the uncut trucks generally fetch a higher price because of the relative rarity. The uncut rig you will find will most likely have had a decent life. Since it isn’t as capable in an extreme offroad situation, it most likely will not have been beat to death in the rocks somewhere. It still may have seen rough times as a tow rig or part time tractor on a farm, or just hammered on the backroads as a hunting rig. The good thing about a truck this old, if it was going to break, it would have already done so. Look out for homemade repairs, these are a good sign that the truck has been abused. An uncut truck may have a 6 cyl. engine, which is another consideration. These trucks have lower gearing (usually), but if you want to substitute a V-8, you will have to upgrade the radiator and most likely the suspension along with all those motor mount, exhaust and wiring issues..."

by

http://www.broncofix.com/glove/buying.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat