Turns over long time before cracks now...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pamm

Reaction score
My 302 runs great but now it has to turn over 10 or 15 secs to start, newer plugs ect.. I replaced a few sensor things on top a few months back it may be one of them gone bad?, I did map control, fuel line pressure little silver thing on the end of the fuel rail..., EGR valve. What causes it? It has always cranked instantly?????

Whipsaw

Reaction score
Check the fuel line pressure, the fuel pump may be failing or the line isn't holding pressure. Try this, turn the key to on (don't start it), you should hear the fuel pump run for a second or two. Turn it off, then to on again, wait for the pump to run, then start it. At that point it may start right up, or it might not. At any rate, check the fuel pressure.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Ditto on fuel pressure issue. Probably a weak fuel pump.

As Whipsaw suggested that is what I do. Cycle the key a couple times see if it starts better.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hey Pamm,
That silver thing you replaced on the fuel rail is the pressure regulator, it has a check valve in it to maintain pressure when the truck is off.
If the problem started when you changed those parts, I would be looking there first. Definitely try the "few key cycles then start" thing first.
If it starts better during the test, then pressure loss is a likely issue, and I'd start with the "new " part first as build quality is definitely an issue these days.
Good luck
Cheers

ragtop69

Reaction score
Yep. I've experienced many new parts that are either a no-fit or are failed out of the box. The entire replacement parts market is based in China now and it's so hard to find good child ***** labor anymore.
BTW, nice headlights.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey Pamm,
That silver thing you replaced on the fuel rail is the pressure regulator, it has a check valve in it to maintain pressure when the truck is off.
If the problem started when you changed those parts, I would be looking there first. Definitely try the "few key cycles then start" thing first.
If it starts better during the test, then pressure loss is a likely issue, and I'd start with the "new " part first as build quality is definitely an issue these days.
Good luck
Cheers
Might be the ethanol gas too. Get a bottle is STAR TRON and put some in the gas. It straightened mine out in about 5 minutes .You can get it at Lowe,s--Walmart or about any parts store. Also you can get BETTER USED PARTS AT A JUNK YARD---THEN YOU CAN NEW JUNK AT THE PARTS STORE FROM CHINA.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daffster13