trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
LOL... I'll play follow the leader (as long as we keep a tow strap connected between you and me.) I've got a submarine now, but I'm a little concerned that I might get stuck on the bottom. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

TotalChaos

Reaction score
LOL... I'll play follow the leader (as long as we keep a tow strap connected between you and me.) I've got a submarine now, but I'm a little concerned that I might get stuck on the bottom. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
i was just about to say the same thing... but i dont want to stay connected... ill just run a strap up over my truck and into the back window that way if i do get stuck i can throw a strap to someone... lol

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i was just about to say the same thing... but i dont want to stay connected... ill just run a strap up over my truck and into the back window that way if i do get stuck i can throw a strap to someone... lol
well i have to bend my own brake lines... another first for me... ill let yous know how it goes... IF i can get the rear of the hard line un hooked... it feels like it is welded in there it is so tight...

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I put a second tow hook on the front of my truck today, so now I am all set. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gary, I'm thinking that you didn't get down to frazzio's, right?

IF not... that's ok... its more important that you get your truck up and running... or rather.... stopping. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Besides, Erik will have enough of stuff to pull us out if needed.

TTYL

joe

TotalChaos

Reaction score
I put a second tow hook on the front of my truck today, so now I am all set. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Gary, I'm thinking that you didn't get down to frazzio's, right?

IF not... that's ok... its more important that you get your truck up and running... or rather.... stopping. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Besides, Erik will have enough of stuff to pull us out if needed.

TTYL

joe
yeah i am planning to go down there some time this week... and i am going to talk to this guy who might have the part i need to finish my brakes by the time the trip comes along... i am also trying to finish the snorkel and i have to cut the passenger side rear fender a few inches... but i should be ready to go by friday night...

swampthing

Reaction score
well brakes are most important make sure they work...i dont mindi f you gotta hit the back of my truck to stop but i dont think other people will like it

TotalChaos

Reaction score
well brakes are most important make sure they work...i dont mind if you gotta hit the back of my truck to stop but i dont think other people will like it
HA...! i want to be able to stop on my own... not use your brakes to stop my truck... lol

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
LOL... you guys are making me nervous, but my co-pilot will love to meet you, with all this running into each other to stop, and all. Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention... he's an attorney!

Oh.. one more thing... should I pull my spare off of my tailgate? IF you use me to stop I want you to hit my bumper... not hit my spare and ruin a perfectly rotted tailgate!

Definitely looking forward to meeting you wackos ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

swampthing

Reaction score
i wouldnt hit anyone to stop on purpose that would be wrong...i would rather hit a tree that would be more amusing lol...but yeah looking forward to meeting you to you will have fun i guaruntee it...and about the wackos part...remember what i told you over the phone if i tell you to go around something be sure to do it theres a reason for it haha...and dont follow close behind me thats my main rule

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I'm just kidding about being nervous. I am really looking forward to this little trip.

BTW... do you have a CB and do you use it in the park?

Starting to wonder what the weather will be like, and wondering if I should pull the top off.

I have carpeting in the rear, and I will have the back seat in, which is relatively clean cloth. If I pull the top off, is it likely that the interior will get muddy?

swampthing

Reaction score
hard to say about the interior getting muddy but you can always clean it...and i use my nextel as 2 way radio have this special feature i can go into "direct talk" have a like 2 mile range no matter where i am...or i just flash my lights and yell if need be

TotalChaos

Reaction score
hard to say about the interior getting muddy but you can always clean it...and i use my nextel as 2 way radio have this special feature i can go into "direct talk" have a like 2 mile range no matter where i am...or i just flash my lights and yell if need be
well i think you will like my copilot... my co pilot is my girlfriend... Eric already met her once before... she loves being out there just as much as i do...

about the using other ppl to stop i hope i wont have to do that... lol... i bent new brake lines yesterday, but couldn't install them cause i am having an issue getting the hard line to disconnect from the soft line in the back.... but once that is fixed... ill be golden... today i plan on finishing the snorkel and cutting the fender to make it "fit"... we will see what happens... then imma cut the other fender and mount the tow hook i bought to the front of my truck somewhere...

swampthing

Reaction score
sounds good man good luck with it all...i have to mount a shackle in the rear just incase anything happens this weekend and throw driveshaft in and finish off the backseat crap

TotalChaos

Reaction score
sounds good man good luck with it all...i have to mount a shackle in the rear just incase anything happens this weekend and throw driveshaft in and finish off the backseat crap
so i have a random question... when i drive my truck in 4HI... whats the fastest i should go... at around 35 or 40 the t-case starts to whine.... and im not sure if it should be doing that... nor am i sure i should be going that fast to begin with...

swampthing

Reaction score
ive never really went over 40 in 4hi..i only use it when i absolutely need it in the snow or mud

TotalChaos

Reaction score
ive never really went over 40 in 4hi..i only use it when i absolutely need it in the snow or mud
yeah... my problem is if i dont have it in 4HI then i get stuck really easily... and if i get stuck then i have to get out to lock the hubs... so i usually lock the hubs and put it in 4HI when i decide to go on trails... i think i will wait to to do that until we get to the "play area"...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daffster13