throttle body spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniper

Reaction score
do throttle body spacers really work? thought bout getting some but not sure exactly what they do and how much they actually effect my power/torque. please let me know

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Best answer I can give you ****** is....that depends...

The idea is that the spacer increases the plenum size, and as a result torque.

An older engine may feel the increase, but for newer engines there is little effect.

The parts with the spiral machined into it, is supposed to make the incomming air swirl. However if it is a double throttle, like alot of Ford engines the 2 swirls would clash with each other and just make turbulance.

The idea of increase performance is to get the air and fuel in and exhaust out as fast as possible. That's best done with smooth passages, then mix the air and fuel just before ignition. I don't think the spacer does much for that. It may help an older tired engine but that's it.

Maybe spend the money for something else, like an electric fan, to free up some power.

Maybe some others can give us more insite.

OP
OP
S

sniper

Reaction score
ok. thanks. i appreciate your input. just tryin to see what i can come up with

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23