Summit Trail Climber All Terrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Croneybones

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting these tires, but I can't seem to find any reviews on them anywhere. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

I live in Northwestern, PA where we get plenty of snow and ice in the winter, and plenty of rain and mud in the summer. Can anyone tell me how these do in the snow especially.

93 Bronco, 302, stock suspension, stock rims. Tires will be 235/75/15. I will mainly drive them on-road, and use the truck as primary transport.

I am not rich, so these have the right price.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Check out the Goodyear Duratrac tires..awesome reviews from Jeep/FJ owners.. I'm getting a set here soon.

Walmart also sells their economy Duratrac tires (Still labled goodyear, just slightly different tred pattern) for $130 starting price.. but I think the actual name brand duratrac tire starts at $160 a peice. And they are snow rated ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (look for the snow flake logo on the side of the tire..good for snow/rain/mud)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Croneybones

Reaction score
That answers one part, but does anyone have any experience with the summit trail climber AT? Especially in the snow/ice...

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
That answers one part, but does anyone have any experience with the summit trail climber AT? Especially in the snow/ice...
yo CB!

here is one ... thAng;

SURE TIRE SUMMIT TRAIL CLIMBER AT Recall

NHTSA Campaign Number: 08T008000

Vehicle/Equipment Make: SURE TIRE

Vehicle/Eqipment Model: SUMMIT TRAIL CLIMBER AT

Model Year: n/a

Mfg Campaign Number: 001

Mfg Component Desc: TIRES:SIDEWALL

Mfg Involved in Recall: SURE TIRE COMPANY

Manufacture Dates: 12-09-07 through 12-15-07

Type of Report: (T) Tire

Potential # of Units Affected: 295

Date Owner Notified by Mfg:

Recall Initiated By: MFR

Mfg Responsible for Recall: SURE TIRE COMPANY

Report Recieved Date: 03-26-08

Record Creation Date: 03-26-08

Regulation Part Number: 571

FMVSS Number: 139

Defect Summary: SURE TIRE IS RECALLING 295 LOAD RANGE E TIRES, SIZE LT265/75R16, PRODUCED BETWEEN DECEMBER 9, 2007 AND DECEMBER 15, 2007. THESE TIRES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 139, NEW PNEUMATIC RADIAL TIRES FOR LIGHT VEHICLES. AFTER TESTING, A BULGE CAN OCCUR IN THE LOWER SIDEWALL ON THE WHITE SIDEWALL SIDE WHICH INDICATES THE EXISTENCE OF A SEPARATION BETWEEN TWO LOWER SIDEWALL COMPONENTS.

Consequence Summary: THIS CONDITION COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Corrective Summary: SURE TIRE IS WORKING WITH COOPER TIRE TO NOTIFY OWNERS. THE AFFECTED TIRES WILL BE REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT COOPER TIRE CUSTOMER RELATIONS TOLL-FREE AT 800-854-6288 OR SURE TIRE CONSUMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT AT 866-882-1612.

----------

Never know what's still left in some Stock Rooms. So ck date tires were mfg.; Tire Identification Number; U.S. DOT:...This begins with the letters "DOT" and indicates that the tire meets all federal standards. The next two numbers or letters are the plant code where it was manufactured, and the last four numbers represent the week and year the tire was built. For example, the numbers 3197 means the 31st week of 1997. The other numbers are marketing codes used at the manufacturer's discretion. This information is used to contact consumers if a tire defect requires a recall..."

by nhtsa.dot.gov http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/TireSa...t/brochure.html

-- Aside from Reviews you can Try to Compare Tires TRACTION; "...Traction Letter

This letter indicates a tire's ability to stop on wet pavement. A higher graded tire should allow you to stop your car on wet roads in a shorter distance than a tire with a lower grade. Traction is graded from highest to lowest as "AA","A", "B", and "C". " The trail climber AT is Shown as an A

-------

A Review;

"Since no one is chiming in, I'll tell you what I know and have heard.

I had two sets of Summit tires on a 68 Bronco. But they were previous versions of their A/T. Both seemed to be pretty good tires. They did well on and off road. I can't comment on the wear though since I replaced one set very early to go bigger then I sold it with the other set on it.

The tread seems similar to the Bridgestone ATs and the Bridgestones have had decent reviews from most people. Not a ******** off road tire but a pretty good all 'round compromise.

If I was short of funds, I would seriously consider them..." by DXJ at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/summit-...-t-tires-64789/

you can prob find more Reviews in a Google Search using

summit trail climber AT review

Some advice; ensure that the tires you decide on buying are not discontinued (not now manufactured by the tire maker). Ask around - don't rely on verbals by just one dealer.

Because; A tire slasher messed my plans up $ wise in JAN when he slashed two 32x11.50 Daytons; they were just a year old at the time.

I found that Dayton stopped making em (in 32s) right after I bought them and None are avail anywhere....; so I ended up w two Michelin LTX

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmendoah