Soft top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4X4RedNeck

Reaction score
Anyone know of some good soft tops (all kinds). If someone could point me in the right direction because i haven't had any luck looking for myself. Thanks.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Well, buddy, this topic has been beat to death on this and other Bronco forums. Right now, these guys are the only game in town as far as "new" tops go. They only make the "fast back" style shown in the picture. If you want the other styles, your best bet is to keep searching eBay and Craigslist for used ones. The ones on eBay have been bringing top dollar 'cause people really seam to want them bad. I've seen them go for as much as $1000, pretty crazy when you consider that I paid about $600 for mine delivered to my door before STC went out of business. There was a guy on here who got real lucky and scored a super find on Craigslist and got one for a couple hundred dollars "new in the box" from a guy who had never installed it and obviously didn't realize what a treasure he had taking up space in his garage.

So if you don't like the "fast back" style, the only answer is to keep searching for the time being or see if you can find someone to custom build something for you.

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I am the lucky guy Road **** is speaking of. I was driving the search engines crazy with tags like: 1980-1996 BRONCO SOFT TOP CRAIGSLIST, EBAY, CLASSIFIEDS for weeks. I was very lucky even with diligent searching I have to admit. I still do it a few times a week in hopes of being able to help someone else here.

If I had the cash, tools and know how I would be building the suckers and getting rich. I bet there are a few thousand Bronco owners that would go ******* if they could find a top at a reasonable price. I mean the spread is sixteen model years that it will fit, so there must be one heck of a market for it.

IMGP0995.JPG

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
BroncoBill, With all the Broncos and Bronco paraphernalia you own I would be surprised that you did not have a few soft tops around.

I am still looking 4x4Red!

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Aw ****, I always sold that stuff with the truck. Who knew that that $hit would get rare ? On the other hand I've always prefered the fastback softtops so I guess I'm still good to go once I collect $400 in empties & can call soft-tops.com (guess I'd better stop throwing them at the monitor)

The $hit you sell w/your trucks eh? On the other hand all my softtops were for my 78/79's (my one true love) so none of it would help me with this this freaking 88' that I'm using as a damn lawn ornament (but I just found a tranny jack on sale for $59 so I guess I've run out of excuses)

wileec

Reaction score
I will put my .02 in again on this.

For very close to the same price as premade I had an auto upholstery shop make this.

soft_top.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncooze