Sitting for 10 yrs cleaning gas tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabronc

Reaction score
OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
Update:  2 coats of primer on and wet sanded.  Tub on the inside has been primed and under the rails was painted black.  Bed and floor pans painted with 2 coats of Rustoleums bed liner stuff.  

I am going to put in the roll bar prior to paint, but I forgot that I still don't have my windshield in yet.....  OOOPS>>>>>  

I will get some pictures posted shortly, I am VERY happy with the primer.

OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
New windshield frame in....  Third coat of primer down, wet sand tomorrow.  Red going down in the afternoon....  Wish me luck....

OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
IMG_2109.JPGUPDATE:  3 coats of primer, wet sand in between each coat.  4 coats of Rustoleum "Regal Red" enamel (Lowe's $9/qrt) Wet sand between each coat.  Then roll cage and windshield installed (after installing new windshield fram).  Some buffing done already, but wanted to wait until the cage was in (didn't know how many times we would scratch), glad I waited, we hit it a bunch!!!

Upholstery started. Stock seats have been stripped and I started doing the Tom's Black Textured set.   Going pretty well, but I am a better painter than I am an upholsterer.....

Paint came out very nice, but longevity will be the issue!!  I bought a Harbor Freight buffer, with all of the "right" pads, so I will keep you posted!!   

Roll cage took some modification, but I am happy to report that my welding is getting MUCH better!!  Ran a wire thru the cage for 12v in the overhead.  Don't know what I will need up there, but at least I have it, if my plans change.

Center console has been purchased but not installed yet.

Yes, I know we need a lift kit and wheels and tires.....  Working on the CFO to make it her idea 0:)

Still having a BLAST!!

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2113.JPG

OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
Sorry!!  I took the door off the glove box and blocked it with the cage....  When I put the new harness in it the fuse box was mounted up under the dash....  I added some rubber floor matt to the bottom of the glove box and it is now a very handy place for passengers to toss their sun glasses and phones and such...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23