Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bocephus93

Reaction score
Has anyone put new f-150 running boards on a 1990 bronco? I have a set from a 2017 f-150 crew cab i am thinking of modifying and putting on my Bronco, just wondering if there was anyone out there that have tried this. Pictures if so.

Thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Bocephus93,
It may depend upon how they are attached to body mounts or with provided brackets or attached to leaf spring shackle.
Do you have the instructions?

OP
OP
B

Bocephus93

Reaction score
there are no instructions on attaching 2017 running boards to a 1990 bronco, just curious if anyone had tried it and wanted to see the results

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,
I was asking about the instructions for mounting the the 2017 f-150 crew cab.
Here is the Frame info;
body-mounts.jpg
Hopefully we can match it to the instructions for the 2017 f-150 crew cab or find a place on the frame, etc for brackets.

Last edited:

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Have not seen it done. I am sure it can be done. What are your fab skills like?

I had a 90 B2, they didn't make side steps for them. I made some out of 3" exhaust tubing. Ended up bolting them to the frame. made a couple plates that lined up with existing holes. They outlasted the rest of the bronco.

So anything is possible. Just have to commit and figure it out as you go. Would love to see some on there. Plenty of guys doing Newer front bumpers. Touch screen radio installs and other modernization items. The running boards would be cool.

chrlsful

Reaction score
I hate them in the shop (weird extentions to go on the lift to avoid bending them). I love them as I age (gettin up is now more difficult). A 1/2'n 1/2 may B best (lill extensions, not "full bds") but U go w/what U got now.

Advisment is difficult, remote more so, on net? near impossible. Pic really help. U have given so lill info it is difficult. Do U have a welder? R U experienced at this sorta thing? How flexable is the budget? etc. miesk asked a Q U interpreted as unhelpful when that's all we seek to provide.

Does his 'expanded view' help?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK