Calling all audio sme's...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
I'm finally getting to the fun stuff, or at least the point of thinking about it. I have an 84 bronco with the factory am/fm two post radio in the dash. Im wanting to keep the factory am/fm radio and have a way to connect via bluetooth to play stuff through my phone.

I've tried finding a factory am/fm cassette to use a bluetooth cassette adapter, but the cassette deck always seems to be shot on the units I've found so far. I did manage to convert an am/fm 8-track player to connect via bluetooth by converting the 8 track tape itself to a bluetooth adapter, but the one of the capaciters on the circuit board for the speaker output turned out to be bad. The sound was good but that one speaker not working drove me nuts and I'm not up for the task of repairing a circuit boards.

So I'm wondering...rather than keep looking for either a factory am/fm cassette/8track player, is there such a thing as an automatic audio source switch for vehicles that would allow me to keep my factory radio, install a bluetooth amp, and the switch would automatically silence the radio or switch to bluetooth when the phone is connected?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting it connect to blue tooth is one thing, getting it to automatically connect is something way more difficult.

I remember seeing guys solder in AUX jacks to the input of the cassette head in the radio, never tried with a blue tooth reciever.

Maybe try calling tech support at crutchfield?

My son but a radio for his excursion and wanted to use the factory steering wheel controls among other options. He said they were telling him about stuff he had no idea existed.

Maybe the same case here?

OP
OP
W

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
I did solder an aux jack to input wires of the cassette deck to try that too but the sound was kind of scratchy, even when I wrapped the wire with insulating material, which did help but not enough.

Thanks for the suggestion on calling Crutchfield. Will give them a shout and hopefully figure something out.

cowboyup351

Reaction score
There's a guy I have seen periodically in the Foxbody world that adds Bluetooth to old Ford factory radios. I'm not 100% certain who he is or whether he can do it to the older two post radios, as well, but I'll reach out to my contacts in that world and see if I can find out more about how to contact him

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane