Radio Cassette Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjf150

Reaction score
Here’s an odd one: We installed an OEM cassette player into our ‘96 Bronco. Everything works great, except when I put in a cassette, it will not play sound out of the driver side speakers. When it’s set to radio, it plays out of all the speakers, but when the cassette is in, it only plays out of the passenger side. Thanks.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Been a while, but I think the means the head is bad, or mis aligned. Maybe call a couple local repair shops see if anyone works on them anymore?

Jimbo26

Reaction score
Been a while, but I think the means the head is bad, or mis aligned. Maybe call a couple local repair shops see if anyone works on them anymore?
Agreed, sounds like a trip to the rebuilder. There are a few online, as such.
Was messing with my radio the other day in the rig. Am/Fm plays halfway decent. Adjustments work ok. Not tried the cassette deck yet. Will have to choose a not-so-valuable test subject from the vintage archives & see what happens.
Good luck, Mjf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The89Tiger