putting 5.0 from 1998 econoline to 1990 ford bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
90broncoon44s

90broncoon44s

Reaction score
see the thing is a bought the vans engine from a friend of mines so i just have a engine thats already in the bronco and the broncos engine is gone... what im hoping can happen is use the old harness and match up sencors and if the sensor doesint match the broncos conector i was thinking of splicing it together do you know what i mean..but here are the pctues mail.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

I know what you mean.

Snap pics of whatever sensor you can not match-up w/Bronco's PCM (also called ECA or EEC)

I have vision issues so that pic of egr tube is looking like tube goes to lower intake so it is a 5.0

In pic I see EVR, TAD/TAB SOLENOIDS, Coil

here is a typ pic;

tab-tad-evr-coil2a.jpg

by SeattleFSB

Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR), Injector & Rail pic in a 90

1990-5.8l-fuel-rail-injectors--fpr.jpg

by SeattleFSB

Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR), Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor, Vacuum Tree (atop intake manifold) Emission Sys Vaciuum Cannister (VSEER) in Engine Bay pic in a 89 F 150

Source: by Booba5185

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/booba5/overhead-2.jpg

Also see his vac line replacement article; he has an 89, but sim

and look at all of Seattle FSBs vacuum line LINKs in my site; such as,

Vacuum Line (Hose) Sourcing; "...Get the Silicone Boost/Vacuum Hose Engine Dress Up Kit and then an additional 10' of 4mm vacuum hose in the color of your choice. I used wire loom to protect the hose through the Intake Manifold, to the Diverter Valve and where it rubs on the Intake to the EVP: Silicone Intake Systems. miesk5 Note, Seattle wrote in another thread; I had no issues directly connecting the 4mm silicone lines. I did not reuse any old vacuum line or connectors and connected directly to the appropriate vacuum tree and *******..." Source: by Seattle FSB (SeattleFSB)

GL!

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo, Comcast began to freeze me out again so I have to enter info & post before I lose it all

Location pic in a 90 5.8; "...Be advised that the ACV (Air Control Valve) is the TAD (Thermactor Air Diverter) Valve and the AIR BPV is the TAB (Thermactor Air Bypass) Valve. The VRESER is the Vacuum Reservoir Can where the red & black vacuum lines plug into; On my 1990 ex-5.8L, the Yellow Vacuum Line goes from the TAD Solenoid (driver's side forward solenoid) to the TAD (Diverter) Valve located at the rear of the Intake Manifold. You have to climb up onto the engine to feel the Diverter Valve or remove the Intake Manifold. I'd rather climb up using plans, ala a scaffolding type set-up; maybe remove hood depending on circumstances such as me now, w/ backache..."

Source: by Seattle FSB (SeattleFSB) http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/848247

vacuum-diagram.jpg

Vacuum Lines pic in a 90 5.8; TAB/V, EGR, VAC, EVR, TAD/S, TAB/S, TAD/V & VRESER(Vacuum Reservoir/Tank); "...took all of my vacuum lines off just to show you how the EVR Solenoid connects at the top right, goes around the back of the engine and then to the EGR. The TAB, TAD and EVR Solenoids have a common vacuum line. Then the other side of each solenoid goes to the Thermactor Air Bypass (TAB), Thermactor Air Diverter (TAD) and EGR respectively..."

Source: by SeattleFSB (Seattle FSB)

Vacuum Line Acronyms & Color Codes; EMISSION: Red = Main vacuum; Green = EGR function; Orange = Heat control Valve (exhaust & intake) (AKA heat riser but more complex); Yellow = from the TAD Solenoid (driver's side Forward Solenoid) to the TAD (Diverter) Valve located at the rear of the Intake Manifold (Distributor Advance in Carbureted Engines); White = EGR vacuum (source); Black = Mainly used for the Evaporative emissions control; Black = Thermactor ACV or Diverter valve; Blue = Throttle Kicker control; Pink = from the TAB Solenoid (driver's side rear solenoid) to the bottom of the Thermactor Air Bypass Valve (TAB or BPV/AIR Bypass (AIRB) valve); ACV (Air Control Valve) is the TAD (Thermactor Air Diverter) Valve (AIR Bypass (AIRB) and AIR Diverter (AIRD) valve combinations); MAN VAC is Manifold Vacuum; FPR is Fuel Pressure Regulator; EGR is Exhaust Gas Re-circulation Valve SOL V: Thermactor Air Diverter (TAD) Solenoid (SOL V) (AIRD) & Thermactor Air Bypass (TAB) Solenoid; ; EVR is EGR Vacuum Regulator; VRESER is the Vacuum Reservoir Can (Tank); V REST on later years is Vapor Valve (Roll-Over @ Gas tank); V REST on earlier years such as 78/79 & SEABRONC's 83 is a Vacuum Restictor/Delay Valve, it restricts vacuum for a certain amount of time, on most engines a vacuum line from the carburetor base runs to a T & then to V REST to the distributor; Carbon Can is Carbon Canister (Charcoal Canister, Vapor Canister, Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister); MAP is Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor; AIR BPV is the AIR Bypass (AIRB) Valve, also called the TAB (Thermactor Air Bypass) Valve; CPRV is Canister Purge Solenoid Valve/ Canister Purge Solenoid (CANP); VCKV is Vacuum Check Valve; vacuum check valve blocks airflow in one direction and frees airflow in the other direction. The check side of this valve will hold the highest vacuum seen on the vacuum side. If not, replace it. CAT is catalytic converter; ENG is engine; PCV is Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve. HVAC in 92-96; Black = from engine source to vacuum check valve & to vacuum reservoir tank & to Control Panel; White = actuates the Outside/Recirc air door two-position vacuum control motor; Blue = Mix (actuates the FLOOR/PANEL air door two-position vacuum control motor); Red = Floor Flow & Yellow = Panel, (actuate the FLOOR/DEFROST three-position air vacuum control motor). READ MORE

Source: by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W), Seattle FSB & miesk5 at Ford Bronco Zone Forums http://broncozone.com/topic/20593-small-vacuum-line/

More by Seattle for example;

such as;

1990 Bronco EVTM; such as;

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20487/76450

1990-bronco-eec-schematic.jpg

1990-bronco-eec-schematic.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member