Pulled code 32 & 41

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbronco91

Reaction score
Check Engine light came on so I checked for Codes & I got 32 & 41. I replaced the EGR & EGR Tube. When I was replacing the injectors pulling the intake the EGR Tube was stuck so I replaced both. I also got 41 Right bank but also I replaced the O2 sensor because I had to replace the catalytic converter. I am just at wits end. Please give me some insite.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Google says

Code 32EVP voltage below closed limit
Code 41HO2S circuit indicates system lean (right HO2S)

Code 41 can be caused by a vacuum leak.

Did you have these codes before you pulled the intake?

OP
OP
J

jimbronco91

Reaction score
No, I had to pull the intake to replace the injectors because someone sugared my gas tank & clogged the injectors so I had to replace them. I pulled shortly after when check engine light came on. I changed the EGR when I had it apart because I could not get the EGR pipe off the EGR.

OP
OP
J

jimbronco91

Reaction score
I have done so much work on the vehicle that I am not sure if 32 code showed up before I had replaced the EGR. I know the tube issue forced me to replace the EGR. I bought it as my vehicle to take to my cabin but I am afraid to take it up there with issues.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Good news is, neither one of those codes will typically leave you stranded somewhere.

How does it run otherwise?

I would probably start with vacuum leak checks, I use starting fluid and spray it around the intake when running. Some guys use brake cleaner.

Any exhaust leaks on the side with the O2 code? That can also cause the O2 reading to be off.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard starting when hot can be a fuel flow issues. Like a weak fuel pump.

A weak fuel pump can certainly cause a lean code.

Did you replace the pump and filter when you cleaned the fuel tank out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
perrym220