Operation Lift Beast is in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yardape

Reaction score
Its just as bad up here for salt, except this year they salted the roads 2 days before it snowed, now we have about a foot of snow and they havent even plowed it yet. So they use salt on bare roads but nothing on the icy roads we have now, nice hey?

92bronco_in_progress

Yeah its a 92 bronco
Reaction score
in jersey they just started using this liquid stuff, i know its not salt, but i don't know what it is, all i know is that it doesn't wind up all over the place....i don't know how mine has the little amount of rust that it has, it is a 92......its barely bubbling of the driver side rear wheel well, and barely any on the tailgate at all......i was shocked, thats why i bought it......and b/c its only got 95k

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
OPERATION LIFT BEAST IS COMPLETE!!!!! :D/

After a mad scramble with a buddy of mine and an all nighter Friday night / Saturday morning and most of the day yesterday I was able to finish the lift install in just enough time for the parade yesterday.

During the parade I did notice a few minor problems that will need to be addressed before I drive it again... The biggest problem is I still need to bleed the breaks again as the peddle was on the floor most of the time I drove it.

All in all I have to get used to it but it was worth it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now I can finish the rest of the stuff I have been meaning to get to, things like reinstalling the KC Daylighters, Lund Visor, build my center console, etc.

I didn't get any pics of the work this past week. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I will get some new pics of Beast in the next week...

I really thought I could do this by myself but now I realize it is a 2 person job. It would also help if I had a lift....

92bronco_in_progress

Yeah its a 92 bronco
Reaction score
ohh yeah....most def. a 2 person job......also helps if you have two compressors and 2 sets of air tools so you don't have to pass the tools back and forth........it is do-able alone, but is a major PITA

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I am so happy that I got this done.

My buddy that came to help me was the best thing that has happened in a long time (next to meeting the woman I will be soon calling my wife :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I can't thank him enough... Walter, A very big THANK YOU for taking the time to fly up here and helping me I really do appreciate it. I couldn't have done it without you...

bigtrux

Reaction score
Oe thing i learned in owning 2 broncos is nothing ever goes as planned especially on my old 89 i had beeing it was from Ohio and they loved there salt there too... but even when working on my 93 i have now everyjob is a pain . like when i first bought after i replaced the motor i was going to have the ball joints replaced but then that turned into replacing everything wheel bearings rotor/hub, spindle lock nuts i went from spending a few hundred to almost 1500 due to the fact the guy who owed it before when drove into the ground almost no grease in the hubs terrible times but the nature of the beast. and wouldn't trade for nothing.

shift1313

Reaction score
glad its together. I certainly agree nothing goes as planned, even simple jobs like brake lines!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23