New owner of '83 Bronco, New to the Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianH

Reaction score
Hello y'all, Names Brian just purchased a 83 Bronco. Got a decent deal on her, but defiantly needs some things to be trail worthy.

To start, fixing leaks. Like most old people, the bronco leaks in places it shouldnt be ;)To Start, rear pinion seal, rear main seal, oil pan...the usual places i suppose. Worse would be the rear end, so i think i am starting there today.

A little about the Bronco... Was a DD untill a year ago when she was traded to an old man for his Falcon, since then it has sat in his back yard making a nice home for bugs and bird. Body is mostly straight, no rust, a few very small bondo fixes, and a nice primer red paint scheme. Interior is shot, started on quick repairs on door panels(Girlfriend idea, not my choice of starting point) So i sanded and painted the panels, not perfectly as they are far gone, but at least bearable to her standards for the time being.... Fixed window regulators as well... In desperate need of seats, and ripping the carpet out for rhino lining...

Carb needs attention, but under the hood overall in good condition, engine seems to have been rebuilt, my guess is about 5 years ago or so. Has the 302 in it, 8.8 rear at 3.55(learned that this morning while browsing your site), pretty sure the Alternator need replaced, but just put in an Optima Battery yesterday, the old one had about 3 inches of acid corrosion on it.

I am new to owning full sized "toys", last toy was a 93 Cherokee with 4 inch lift running 33's. Was a good jeep and the gas mileage will be missed, but i am defiantly stoked to run with the big boys. I am not a great mechanic, so i will be reading through the posts to learn the things my new bronco needs and look forward to using this site.

bronco.jpg

door panels.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK