Need extra lift help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

country_punk

Reaction score
well, you guys seem to know what you're talking about here... so here's my issue. lol. I have a 95 bronco xlt ttb front suspension with a 6 inch suspension lift. I have noticed i still have rubbing issues where my front tires (35's) still hit the corner of the fender nearest the door. I like to play really hard. I refuse to cut my fenders, and I'm not converting to solid axle. I had planned to put in a 3 inch body lift, and also go to 37's. this will fix my problem... but I'm really not a fan of body lifts. I have actually bought the kit at this point, along with gap guards.... but have since learned of the rear bracket flip that drops the leafspring and gives about another 4 1/2 inches of lift. in my opinion doing more lift in a manner like this would be great, but how do i get the front to match??? also I have been planning on getting the leveling kit for it too, because the front does sit a little lower, but I also have a 12000 lb. winch that I'm installing into a fully enclosed homemade 10guage plate steel bumper, of which I'm sure will bring the front end way down... hence the need for the spacers. So, with all of that info my question is what way would be the best way to get around another 3-4 inches of lift on my truck? Or, how to match the front to the rear bracket flip lift?

bronco_006.jpgjune2007_024.jpg

muddridder

Reaction score
well, you guys seem to know what you're talking about here... so here's my issue. lol. I have a 95 bronco xlt ttb front suspension with a 6 inch suspension lift. I have noticed i still have rubbing issues where my front tires (35's) still hit the corner of the fender nearest the door. I like to play really hard. I refuse to cut my fenders, and I'm not converting to solid axle. I had planned to put in a 3 inch body lift, and also go to 37's. this will fix my problem... but I'm really not a fan of body lifts. I have actually bought the kit at this point, along with gap guards.... but have since learned of the rear bracket flip that drops the leafspring and gives about another 4 1/2 inches of lift. in my opinion doing more lift in a manner like this would be great, but how do i get the front to match??? also I have been planning on getting the leveling kit for it too, because the front does sit a little lower, but I also have a 12000 lb. winch that I'm installing into a fully enclosed homemade 10guage plate steel bumper, of which I'm sure will bring the front end way down... hence the need for the spacers. So, with all of that info my question is what way would be the best way to get around another 3-4 inches of lift on my truck? Or, how to match the front to the rear bracket flip lift?View attachment 7029View attachment 7030
I have a 95 also lifted and my 35s use to hit sometimes too.When I was on uneven ground.I had my bumper on each side grinded down and it helped alot.I have Procomp X-Terrains they have a real aggresive tred pattern. I have been told the only way to get them to completely stop rubbing is ad a body lift.I don't like body lifts at all.So shaving the bumper is the best way to go.The guy that did mine did an awsome job .It looks real clean !!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
country_punk

country_punk

Reaction score
I have a 95 also lifted and my 35s use to hit sometimes too.When I was on uneven ground.I had my bumper on each side grinded down and it helped alot.I have Procomp X-Terrains they have a real aggresive tred pattern. I have been told the only way to get them to completely stop rubbing is ad a body lift.I don't like body lifts at all.So shaving the bumper is the best way to go.The guy that did mine did an awsome job .It looks real clean !!
i don't have the rubbing issue at the bumper.... already cut it when i installed the 35's (though i didn't have to...would have never rubbed in the first place) my rubbing is at the cab side of the fender

muddridder

Reaction score
i don't have the rubbing issue at the bumper.... already cut it when i installed the 35's (though i didn't have to...would have never rubbed in the first place) my rubbing is at the cab side of the fender
I see ..sorry missunderstood you...I would say only a body lift is going to give you that clearance !!

black beauty

Reaction score
if your tires are rubbing now with a 6" lift and 35" tires a three in body lift will not clear 37's without rubbing on the fenders in some form. this is true especially since your going to add on a winch and it sounds like a pretty hefty bumper to house the winch. as far as the shackle flip for th rear lift you would have to get a 8" coil spring in the front plus body lift and even then their is an element of risk that it wont work. honestly it probably wont. as bad as you dont want to (and it CAN be expensive) is the solid axle swap. that would give you a lot more possibilities to lift and how big of tires you can run.

OP
OP
country_punk

country_punk

Reaction score
if your tires are rubbing now with a 6" lift and 35" tires a three in body lift will not clear 37's without rubbing on the fenders in some form. this is true especially since your going to add on a winch and it sounds like a pretty hefty bumper to house the winch. as far as the shackle flip for th rear lift you would have to get a 8" coil spring in the front plus body lift and even then their is an element of risk that it wont work. honestly it probably wont. as bad as you dont want to (and it CAN be expensive) is the solid axle swap. that would give you a lot more possibilities to lift and how big of tires you can run.
actually they only just barley rub with the 35's, after adding 3 inches of clearance, 1 inch more in the radius of the tire will still clear with no problem.and like i said i'll be adding the 2 inch leveling spacer to compensate for the heavy winch bumper combo. Was just looking for a better way to do it than a body lift. and wanted to keep the lift i have now, since it's still fairly new... havent been able to find anything bigger than a 6 inch lift anyway... unless it was custom fabbed... and if i was going to go that route, I'd just do the friggin solid axle cus then my lift possibilites are endless, not to mention easy.

got a question off of the subject for you though (Black Beauty)... you have listed that you have flows with turndowns... which i'm figuring end before the rear tire. Do you have an issue with exhaust sucking into your cab if you travel with the rear window down? Or, do the turndowns solve that problem?? I ripped my exhaust off and just did a quick fix of installing a flow on it, no turndown... and haven't felt like running the exhaust up and over the rear axle again, but I can't drive with the rear window down anymore because the fumes give me an instant headache!

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Country, have you looked into fitting wheels with a different backspacing? That's the only other thing i can think of to affect your tire rub issue. I also think if you trim just the bottom inch or two from the rear edge of the front fenders, it may give you the clearnace you need and hardly be noticeable. I know of a few Bronco owners with the 6" susp lift and 3" bofy lift that clear 37's, but most of those are running a 12.50"- wide tire on 15x10" rims with a 3.5" -4" backspacing. I personally don't like body lifts either, but like coil spacers even less on the TTB frontend.The added leverage puts more strain on the small top retainer clip. Something I looked into when I still had the 6' Skyjacker lift on my 84 Bronco was the air bags that fit inside. You would need to get ones from an RV that are 5" longer than the stock bags. But this might help with the added weight of the winch bumper. JSM84

muddinlate86

Reaction score
what size tires do u run?mine are 35x15.50r15 and i have no spacers or any thing with no rubbing exept fully locked,and that not on the finder.(no there not cut)and i do have a six inch lift too

black beauty

Reaction score
hey country yes my turndowns come directly out of the flows and point toward the ground. they are befor the rear axle and are parallel to the rear tires. and as of yet i havent had any problems with fumes coming in the cab with the back glass down. plus they sound good which is why i chose turndowns to begin with

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coueshunter