My 70 Bronco Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MBell70

Reaction score
I have a custom roll cage. All the roll cages that I know about, do not allow for the glove box to open. There is a Tuffy Box lid for the glove box, but I wanted it to look as original as possible. I cut out the glove and speaker grill and moved them 2.5 inches toward the steering column. I filled in the ash tray and radio hole. I made a filler plate to fill in the 2.5 inches gap. I then install four gauges and four switch. I left the speaker grill for my CB speaker. It makes for a clean look, it isn't hard to do. I will take some new pictures this weekend and post them next week. I am currently fitting all panels and adjusting door gaps. I am hoping to paint it next month. Definitely more pics to come.

OP
OP
M

MBell70

Reaction score
Update!!!!

All my body work is done and getting ready to shoot paint on it this weekend. Here are so pictures of where it is at.

100_0767.JPG100_0765.JPG100_0802.JPG100_0793.JPG100_0804.JPG

OP
OP
M

MBell70

Reaction score
Here is the pictures of the paint job. Everything came out beautiful. I did the entire paint job in my garage. I put up a temporary paint booth and it worked great. I am going to put the panels on in the next couple of weeks. I still have a couple more things to do before it is ready for the road. It is the little things now. This last weekend was the most rewarding point of the entire build, except for when I am able to drive for the first time in 3 years. Can't wait.

100_0819.JPG100_0820.JPG100_0822.JPG

100_0824.JPG100_0834.JPG100_0838.JPG

100_0839.JPG100_0846.JPG

OP
OP
M

MBell70

Reaction score
Here it is, all painted and on the Road. I took the first test drive after being dissambled for 3 years on April 9. Drove great. It was the most exciting day I have had in the past couple of years. I forgot how much fun it is to drive. I took it on the freeway and many people gave me the thumbs up. I have just a little more left to do. I am going to build a new roll cage. I also have to finish up the interior. It was a lot of work but worth it. If you love your bronco and it needs work, do it, it will be worth it. Just make sure you do it right so that you don't have to do the work over. If you have any questions about what I have done, e-mail me and I will get back with you.

100_0884.JPG100_0883.JPG100_0886.JPG100_0888.JPG100_0887.JPG

Austen

Reaction score
dude!

looks great my man. i love everything but the roll cage, and youre doing a new one.

fantastic job, im jealous of your time and space like these guys.

Jimmeh

Reaction score
dude!
looks great my man. i love everything but the roll cage, and youre doing a new one.

fantastic job, im jealous of your time and space like these guys.
I think that roll cage is bad ass! ****, the whole truck is bad ass. I am so jealous, I can't hardly stand it.

OP
OP
M

MBell70

Reaction score
Yes, I am planning on building a new roll cage. I wanted to get it on the road, so I didn't get the new one built. I will probably have it done at the end of summer, since work started getting really busy. As soon as I get the new roll cage complete I will post some new pictures.

OP
OP
M

MBell70

Reaction score
I figured I better give a update on the bronco. I got the bronco on the road in Spring of 2007 and then met my future wife. I haven't had much time to work on it since that point. I did get the stereo installed and bought a new Besttop softtop. This picture is last summer in Northern utah by Bear Lake.

101_0114.JPG

This picture is last summer in Central Utah on Skyline Drive

101_0146.JPG

I got married in October. These picture are from this spring in Moab

IMGP1237.JPG

The **** blonde in the pink is my wife

IMGP1247.JPG

Since getting married I haven't had much time to work on the bronco. When time and the wife permits I want to build the new roll cage,

1427.jpg

build a new front and rear bumpers, a new tire carrier, and finish the interior.

Everything has been working great on the bronco, the only thing that I would suggest is to run double shock on the James Duff long arms 3.5" suspension. The bronco like to bounce even with bilstein 7100 shocks up front.

I will try and keep the posting updated.

MBELL70

09163x

Reaction score
nice looking project.....if you think a wife takes away bronco time, wait til kids come along :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23