Love the 78-79 style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
The 60’s thru the 70’s were good years for me. Some of the best car body style still out of the 50’s, 60’s, an 70’s. Remember we got the muscle car’s during these early years. The Mustang, Bronco, Thunderbird, and the F150 that is still in production.

My favorites are still the Bronco’s. Love the style and capabilities of the 78, 79 models especially. I must, have owned my 79 since 1980.

Tells what y’all’s favorite models are and why.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
The 60’s thru the 70’s were good years for me. Some of the best car body style still out of the 50’s, 60’s, an 70’s. Remember we got the muscle car’s during these early years. The Mustang, Bronco, Thunderbird, and the F150 that is still in production.

My favorites are still the Bronco’s. Love the style and capabilities of the 78, 79 models especially. I must, have owned my 79 since 1980.

Tells what y’all’s favorite models are and why.
I have to say, I love them all!
I have had my 67 Cougar since the mid 80,s Its an XR7 GT (390) They definitely don't make them as classy as that any more.AGBK6624.JPGDSCF0287.JPGIMG_1031.JPG
Shes in the middle of a remodel.
I love the old muscle cars for sure, Plus my 79 Bronco. (its the 3rd one I've done. They are fantastic trucks)
And to make it fair, some of the new stuff is pretty good too.camera jan 2021 159.JPGDSCF0688.JPG
2011 F150 Harley Davidson, 6.2L 425Hp (stock) and it gets double the fuel economy of the Broncos, I drove. (Unfortunately she had a run in with a deer, that's why I got her. She's good now)
We have quite a few old fords here, 55 T bird, 58 Fairlane, 64 T-bird, 67cougar x 3, 69 mustang x 2 70 mustang, 79 Bronco x2, 85 Bronco, 91 fox body (mostly projects and a few drivers
I can't choose a favorite, Ford has made some great cars over the years!

Last edited:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,
78 Drivetrain:
351M, dual batty, completely re-wired, no air, Borg-Warner T-18 4-speed, New Process 205 transfer case,
dual Flowmasters, ****'s driveshaft.
Interior
sport wheel
Suspension
4" Superlift

Reaction score
Learned to drive in my dad's '69 Impala (including parallel parking). Always loved the simplicity of popping the hood on the old cars and actually being able to work on something. I bought my '79 Bronco a few years back; its provided a lot of "mechanical therapy" ,as my wife calls it, during COVID. Hoping to get it buttoned up and on the road this summer.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Learned to drive in my dad's '69 Impala (including parallel parking). Always loved the simplicity of popping the hood on the old cars and actually being able to work on something. I bought my '79 Bronco a few years back; its provided a lot of "mechanical therapy" ,as my wife calls it, during COVID. Hoping to get it buttoned up and on the road this summer.
Well if you lived close to me. You,d call it therapy and stress relief. When I,d fly off the handle and cuss it.hahaha

L\Bronco

Reaction score
That's funny, my wife said nearly the same thing about my 79.;)

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, The snow is nearly gone here so I am de-winterizing my 69 mustang, (she's my daily till the snow comes back)
My Bronco is no longer simple under the hood, but I do enjoy the "Therapy" Hope to have her on the road this summer too!
Cheers!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That's funny, my wife said nearly the same thing about my 79.;)
I like about anything from 85 on back. Didn,t care much and the muscle cars---too stupid to realize. When you ****** them around--parts was gonna tear up and fix it time and again------then started driven sensible and started having better luck. No hiding from the law. Runnin them . It was fun. I guess when I got 11 (out of 12 they allow on my operators) slowed me down and enjoy life and the views .

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I have had my 67 Cougar since the mid 80,s Its an XR& GT (390) They definitely don't make them as classy as that any more.View attachment 29709View attachment 29710View attachment 29713
I love the old muscle cars for sure, Plus my 79 Bronco. (its the 3rd one I've done. They are fantastic trucks)
And to make it fair, some of the new stuff is pretty good too.View attachment 29711View attachment 29712
2011 F150 Harley Davidson, 6.2L 425Hp (stock) and it gets double the fuel economy of the Broncos, I drove. (Unfortunately she had a run in with a deer, that's why I got her. She's good now)
We have quite a few old fords here, 55 T bird, 58 Fairlane, 64 T-bird, 67cougar x 3, 69 mustang x 2 70 mustang, 79 Bronco x2, 85 Bronco, 91 fox body (mostly projects and a few drivers
Wold you happen to have a 4 speed top loader ? They say they are INDISTRUCTABLE--BUT DON,T BELIEVE IT. I CRACKED MINE. I think when I was trying to catch gear> Reckon that caused it? hahahaha

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Wold you happen to have a 4 speed top loader ? They say they are INDISTRUCTABLE--BUT DON,T BELIEVE IT. I CRACKED MINE. I think when I was trying to catch gear> Reckon that caused it? hahahaha
Sorry Johnny, I had one, but my son put it in his 64 f100 with a 390. Cool truck!
Hard to believe you cracked one of those, but things happen. I cracked the block in my cougar 390 in the third main bearing web. Never saw that before. (Not without blowing up the engine)
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I blew the 428 up in the fairlane
Sorry Johnny, I had one, but my son put it in his 64 f100 with a 390. Cool truck!
Hard to believe you cracked one of those, but things happen. I cracked the block in my cougar 390 in the third main bearing web. Never saw that before. (Not without blowing up the engine)
Cheers
--on the cylinder wall-drifting at 115. I coasted about 2 miles and pulled over. After I tore it down. I saw it and it turned me against the 428. The wall was as thin as paper.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I didn
I blew the 428 up in the fairlane

--on the cylinder wall-drifting at 115. I coasted about 2 miles and pulled over. After I tore it down. I saw it and it turned me against the 428. The wall was as thin as paper.
,t half sence when I was driving it. Came to some very close calls in it. Had ALOT OF FUN IN IT TOO-HAHAHAHA

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Cheers
What are you running in the Cougar now? That 289 is a tough little motor.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I like about anything from 85 on back. Didn,t care much and the muscle cars---too stupid to realize. When you ****** them around--parts was gonna tear up and fix it time and again------then started driven sensible and started having better luck. No hiding from the law. Runnin them . It was fun. I guess when I got 11 (out of 12 they allow on my operators) slowed me down and enjoy life and the views .
Ya, I lost mine for 6 months when I was a kid, slowed me down on the street, moved my racing to the track where it belongs! Still love the old muscle cars though!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Found a donor 390 block from a 67 fairlane. Still mostly original, she will always have the 390!
I h
aveabout 5 of them .a 429 and some others. Think I ,ll stick with the 289n for gas mileage and good little motors
I have had my 67 Cougar since the mid 80,s Its an XR7 GT (390) They definitely don't make them as classy as that any more.View attachment 29709View attachment 29710View attachment 29713
And to make it fair, some of the new stuff is pretty good too.View attachment 29711View attachment 29712
3 COUGARS------AND I DON,T HAVE ONE????????????????? I think you should sale me one. hahahaha Don,t blame you.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I h
aveabout 5 of them .a 429 and some others. Think I ,ll stick with the 289n for gas mileage and good little motors

3 COUGARS------AND I DON,T HAVE ONE????????????????? I think you should sale me one. hahahaha Don,t blame you.
Sorry Johnny, We actually had 4 for a while, Mine and each of my boys owned one.
My middle son traded his off on a 55 TBird project.
And sorry, not for sale.;)