Hubcentric wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadkingg

Reaction score
I just bought a set of Cragar Nomad 2's for my 86. 15x10 , non hubcentric.

The center holes are huge. Should I have bought rims which were hubcentric? Bolt pattern and backspace is correct on the new wheels though.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Bronco wheels are lug centric. You can not use a hub centric wheel on a lug centric vehicle. I guess it depends on your opinion of huge. How much larger is the center hole in the new wheel than the stock wheel?

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
roadkingg

roadkingg

Reaction score
Bronco wheels are lug centric. You can not use a hub centric wheel on a lug centric vehicle. I guess it depends on your opinion of huge. How much larger is the center hole in the new wheel than the stock wheel?

Good luck,

Center holes in the new wheels are 4.250 in. I'm guessing that's typical since most center caps are this size.

Your reply as Bronco's being lug centric makes me feel better about the setup though.Thanks!

Elmo

Reaction score
With Broncos being lug-centric ( 1990 ???) would this apply to F-150 as well ? I have wheels that came off a F-150 the same year as my Bronco,and despite the fact that the socket necessary to remove the lug nuts barely fits into the hole for the lugnuts I am planning to put them on my bronco once i aquire some 33-12.5-15s. Also for the lugnut problem I have been looking for some lugnuts that are long and chrome like the ones used on F-350s with the Alcoa wheels

Seabronc

Reaction score
With Broncos being lug-centric ( 1990 ???) would this apply to F-150 as well ? I have wheels that came off a F-150 the same year as my Bronco,and despite the fact that the socket necessary to remove the lug nuts barely fits into the hole for the lugnuts I am planning to put them on my bronco once i aquire some 33-12.5-15s. Also for the lugnut problem I have been looking for some lugnuts that are long and chrome like the ones used on F-350s with the Alcoa wheels
All Bronco wheels are lug centric. An easy way to tell is by the hole in the wheel where the lugs go. If it has a tapered hole for a bullet shaped lug, it is lug centric. If it has a flat surface it is a hub centric wheel. Ford did not use hub centric wheels on Broncos and F series trucks until after 96 when they went to a 5 x 135mm pattern.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat