Harmonic Balancer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lady_tigger

Her Toy and Loving it
Reaction score
How do I keep the harmonic balancer from spinning all the belts are still attached and tight but the darn bolt is on there so tight that the thing spins while i am trying to loosen it. I dont want to damage anything trying to hold it still on my dodge there were holes in the pully itself that i could wedge with a screwdriver but this one doesnt have anything like that.

Thanks

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, you're trying to remove the center bolt on the crank pulley/harm. balancer? You can try to wedge a prybar or other large object between the side of the pulley and something solid, and use a long cheater bar on the breakover to get the bolt loose from the crank pulley. You need a special puller to remove the balancer/damper. You can rent tools like that for free at any auto parts store, and they'll tell you how to use it. MAY BE BETTER TO ASK THEM!!!

I'm not 100% positive, but the bolt may have a left-hand thread. To loosen it, turn clockwise facing the motor. Someone may have the answerrr to that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

79bigbronco

Reaction score
I take it you are working on your bronco. The bolt is a R hand thread. remove the pully, 4 3/8, 9/16 head bolts, replace them with some others out of stock & use them as a place to hold your pry bar. Usually you would use an impact gun. :)>-

OP
OP
L

lady_tigger

Her Toy and Loving it
Reaction score
Thank you you two. Yea, I got it. Used the bolts from the harm balancer puller to wedge the pully and then loosened the center bolt. worked great. was replaceing the front main seal.

NO MORE PUDDLE PUPPY!!!!! YEA!!!!!

And boy that was a ton of fun. yep another thing to add to the only do once list. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
L

lady_tigger

Her Toy and Loving it
Reaction score
Thank you you two. Yea, I got it. Used the bolts from the harm balancer puller to wedge the pully and then loosened the center bolt. worked great. was replaceing the front main seal.

NO MORE PUDDLE PUPPY!!!!! YEA!!!!!

And boy that was a ton of fun. yep another thing to add to the only do once list. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948