Elusive 16 inch steel rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Croneybones

Reaction score
I have been shopping for tires for the past week, and finally found ones I like. They are goodyear wrangler a/t. The only problem was the cost.

Coincidentally, my brother in law had 3 of these exact tires at his house. Problem is they are 16 inch tires. I have been scouring junk yards, and it seems impossible to find a 16 inch steel rim with the bolt pattern to fit my Bronco.

Can anyone help?

I'm located in NW PA, my Bronco is a 1993 XLT. Funds are limited.

caveman88

Reaction score
i'm in the same boat and the cheapest option i can find is new rims from summitracing at around 54 each for cragar black soft 8's

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Yup, unfortunately there aren't a lot of options for this one. The best thing to do will be to scour the local salvage yards. If that doesn't turn up anything then start looking into the *cheapest* 16" rims available. The cheap seats will be steel, aluminum is always more expensive. The bare-bones rims are always steel and that's what I'd be looking around & asking for. Wish I had a more solid lead but let us know how you're making out, a lot of guys have interest in running 16's

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
The only 16" rims with the Bronco 5x5.5" bolt pattern I've seen is made by Bart Monster Wheels. Some Discount Tire stores sell them or can order them. Finding a used set is going to be really hard. On a side note, I think the Goodyear Wrangler AT tires are junk for offroad, as they have a really thin sidewall. The BFG All Terrain is a much better quality tire, IMHO. Either way, if you buy a new set of tires be sure to get the full road hazzard coverage. ANd check that sidewall punctures and cuts are covered, since the tire is ruined if that happens and cannot be patched or plugged. JSM84

caveman88

Reaction score
another idea 95+ dodge factory 16's i know you've got to grind the center hole on some of them but i just found a set for 50 bucks

OP
OP
C

Croneybones

Reaction score
i'm in the same boat and the cheapest option i can find is new rims from summitracing at around 54 each for cragar black soft 8's

I went to a garage that specializes in tires. I was going in for an estimate on state inspection. Only thing I need mechanically is a ball joint on the front passenger side, and the little light that goes over the license plate. I also need 4 new tires.

Since they spec. in tires, I had them calling around for 16 inch rims. Cheapest set I could find through them was 94.99 per rim. I think just to get it road legal, I'll stick with the 15's for now. Though I hear old Jeeps fit the same bolt pattern as the Broncos, and there are bound to be a few of those around with 16 inch rims.

They offered me a set of Goodyear Silent Armour mounted and balanced for $550. That's keeping my old rims, going with the 15's. I'm still shopping for tires, I want something that looks aggressive, and will do some occasional off road.