camber adjustment On 71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi BBB...,

"Who got bullied and who got bobed?"

How funny...,

Long short., I went nose to hood, on a narrow trail, with an escaped bull, up in the local mountains. (this bull was BIG..!!)

Honest to God, he was kick'n dirt & blow'n hot breath smoke rings fr. his nose..!!

He moved over., as I slowly passed., he lowered his head to look in my pass. window....I sware it was like "Jurassic Park"...seemed his eye covered my whole window..!

Anyway., something told me to 'gas it'....he turned & kicked but missed...had he hit my rig it surely would have gone over..! b-(

The two jeeps 50' behind me saw this whole thing... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> they were so scared., they took a 100yd. detour to the left so as not to suffer a fate possibly worse than mine..

They began, that day, calling me Bully Bob....& still do to this day..!!

If I had it to do over., I wouldn't use that 'handle' on this board as it has several meanings...but oh well....

Sooo., I guess the answer would be..."I got bullied" ., & survived.. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

AKB3

Reaction score
Hi BBB...,

"Who got bullied and who got bobed?"

How funny...,

Long short., I went nose to hood, on a narrow trail, with an escaped bull, up in the local mountains. (this bull was BIG..!!)

Honest to God, he was kick'n dirt & blow'n hot breath smoke rings fr. his nose..!!

He moved over., as I slowly passed., he lowered his head to look in my pass. window....I sware it was like "Jurassic Park"...seemed his eye covered my whole window..!

Anyway., something told me to 'gas it'....he turned & kicked but missed...had he hit my rig it surely would have gone over..! b-(

The two jeeps 50' behind me saw this whole thing... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> they were so scared., they took a 100yd. detour to the left so as not to suffer a fate possibly worse than mine..

They began, that day, calling me Bully Bob....& still do to this day..!!

If I had it to do over., I wouldn't use that 'handle' on this board as it has several meanings...but oh well....

Sooo., I guess the answer would be..."I got bullied" ., & survived.. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wow! Yeah those bulls have the power don't they? I saw one just about flip over a car hauler when he got out of the chute. Hey I noticed you're a pilot and wanted to ask you more about that. Have you built a Van's aircraft yet? What is that yellow one pictured on your profile page?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi AK..,

I just noticed you're new so first let me say welcome to the board..!!

There's more than enough room for input on these issues & your help will surely be needed.

There is an un-spoken rule of sorts where we all "agree to disagree" but we've learned to not cuss or insult as the moderators will put a stop to it.

As to the yellow homebuilt.., that's a highly modified, retractable, French design trainer fr. the '50's.

It was built in Torrance Cal. in the late '70's to outrun the Bonanzas & T-18's that hangared there. True 180 MPH cruise & I had it to 225 MPH just by moving the trim nose down just a hair.... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No RV's but we have a few T-18's & a Pitt one-holer hangared up in Carson City..

More on that later...

Glad to have you on board..!!

B

Last edited by a moderator:

AKB3

Reaction score
Hi AK..,

I just noticed you're new so first let me say welcome to the board..!!

There's more than enough room for input on these issues & your help will surely be needed.

There is an un-spoken rule of sorts where we all "agree to disagree" but we've learned to not cuss or insult as the moderators will put a stop to it.

As to the yellow homebuilt.., that's a highly modified, retractable, French design trainer fr. the '50's.

It was built in Torrance Cal. in the late '70's to outrun the Bonanzas & T-18's that hangared there. True 180 MPH cruise & I had it to 225 MPH just by moving the trim nose down just a hair.... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No RV's but we have a few T-18's & a Pitt one-holer hangared up in Carson City..

More on that later...

Glad to have you on board..!!

B
Cool! I've always wanted to get into the homebuilt realm (quickbuild RV-7) but my money seems to go other places. Besides, I need four seats to haul the family. I went for a checkride at Torrance and got to tour the Robinson Factory a couple of years ago. Impressive. I would like to go to the Van's factory as well. Anyhow, good to see a fellow pilot and Broncoholic like myself on here. Take it easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK