86 bronco II Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86bronc2

Reaction score
My 86 Bronco II 4x4 Automatic has some problems. Biggest issue is the transmission. When i bought it i took it for a test drive and all drive gears worked great including reverse. Except once when i backed out and stepped on the breaks and made kind of a grinding sound. tried it out some more and backed up quickly and stepped on the breaks and no grinding sound. the whole time it was working fine until i took it on the freeway and drove it about 100 miles to where i live. now the reverse is really weird. it will work sometimes and it wont sometimes. if im backing down a hill it will grab and i can reverse but other times it just wont work. and when it does work it usually takes a few seconds to grab after i move the shifter. what could be wrong? is it a bad tranny? or a band or the linkage? just want some input.

also when it is in reverse and its not working its as if im in neutral. i step on the gas and i dont move. so its like neutral and reverse are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula