6 inch ttb lift drive line mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

famousguy_fsas

THE BRONC
Reaction score
So I'm putting on a six inch lift. Gonna be doin a lot of rock crawlin and flexin out. With a custom spring set up which will give me bout 4 more inches of travel on the ttb. My question is do I need to lengthen front driveline? Back driveline? Or both. Rear will have 6 inch leafs so will only flex as much as alowed by them. Will I need any other front drive line work. And what about my front cross member. Is it gonna hit my front driveline when flexin?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
You normally do NOT need to extend the driveshafts for a 6" lift on the fullsize bronco. HOWEVER!!! You need to jack up the frame, place jack stands under it for safety, and fully cycle the suspension using another jack to check for any binding issues or the possibility of eithe rdriveshaft coming apart at the slipjoint. You also want to be sure the front driveshaft does not interfere with the tranny crossmember, exhaust or any part of the steering column. JSM84

broncotough

Reaction score
i tried to 6 inches with stock shafts, it only lasted 5 miles before i ruined it. the rear has to be streched i think i paid about 150 or so. the front is fine. i do really stupid stuff. i would recommend rotating the spring perches to ease driveline angle. or buy a wholesale box of u-joints.