351w and 351w **

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
SHHHHESSSSHHHH BLADE, makes me wish I had a question for YA. >

I'm sure I will soon :unsure: LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

MDDYATV

Reaction score
ok you all have lost me I have a carb not a EFI. I am running a HEI Dizzy and a Holly 500. No computer at all. If I was to change out the 2bbl to a 4bbl and intake would that technically give me a H.O. ?

BLADE262US

Reaction score
OK this post kinda got off track thanks YARDAPE LOL . No you absolutely cannot just change the firing order that is determined by the camshaft . In order to change from the 302 firing order to the 351 or 302 ** firing order you must change the camshaft to a 351W or 302HO camshaft . If you just change the order it wont run . Now back to the ** question if you put a 4 barrel intake on your 2 barrel 351 then esentially you have made a 5.8L ** although your cam will have a little different profile it is the same concept . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BLADE262US

Reaction score
The answer to that Yardape is no they all dont have that head that head would be off an 87 Im sure you know how the ford part numbering system works but for anyone who doesnt know here ya go it all started in the 1940,s with the model A from there you go 1950,s B 60,s C 70,s D 80,s E 90,s F and so on . So that head would be a 87TE I do not know what the last two characters mean I would assume casting plant maybe . The DOVE heads for the 460 that everyone wants are 1970 heads . This goes for all ford parts the first 2 characters almost always designate the year of manufacture look around on your truck and if its lets say a 91 youll probably find part numbers back atleast 3 yrs :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23