2.5" Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buey

Reaction score
I recentely picked up a 69. Very clean but the drivers side springs are a bit worn. The poor 69 leans to the left a few inches. If i were to purchase the 2.5 in kit from JBGY would i have to do anything else in addition to adding this, like brake lines ect.?

any info from you old time bronco owneres would be appreciated

Sodfather

Reaction score
I put a 2.5 inch SL from BC Broncos on mine I didn't have any issues with the brake lines. I also didn't need a drop pitman arm. Now I kind of wish I had gone with the 3.5 inch lift oh well.

Sodfather

J

jeff morris

Try looking at www.wildhorses4x4.com click on Tech FAQs and it has a article on the leans thay may help.

68sport

Reaction score
Is it stock now? If so it's would be a good idea to redo the suspension anyway. I just did mine with a 2" James Duff and am very happy with it. The kit has all new poly, shocks, and springs. It's amazing the change in the ride and overall look. Check them out as well before you buy.

Ron

68_Bronco2in_lift_32s.jpg

dk6

Reaction score
Ron, what size tires are on your truck?

68halfcab

I have a 68 half cab with a 170. Thinking of going with the 3 1/2 lift. Do you think my drive shaft will be long enough?

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
You should have the driveline extended. The bronco lean is in the c-bushings.

They must be installed at the same time. With axle on the ground install both radius arms so the ends are toughing the ground. Tighten the bolts going from one side to the other keeping equal. If you see a arm lift it will be off. Loosen it slightly and tighten the other side. Then fight to get both radius arms into the frams mounts! thats the fun part... b-(

NMBronco77

Reaction score
I found that the easiest way to get the radius arms into the frame mounts is to use two ratchet straps wrapped around the axle housing and hooked up to the frame crossmember. Then just tighten them up and they pull the raduis arms in far enough that you can get the washers and nuts started. Be sure to lubricate the threads on the end of the radius arms before you begin to tighten the nuts, otherwise you may run into problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edmison33